Animal Companion

  • Mark Scott
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5 6:59 PM
      First off PCGen is awesome! Great job guys. I am running into an issue.

      I've added a riding dog for my animal companion but I can't get its skills to match that of the monster manual. The monster manual has the riding dog at +8 jump, +5 listen and spot, +3 swim, and +1 survival.

      However PCGen starts the riding dog out at 10 jump and doesn't give enough skill points to get the other skills up to MM standards. Any idea how to rectify this?

      Thanks guys.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5 7:10 PM
        PCGen version
        Java version
        Data sets loaded
        3.5, 3.0, PF, ?

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 7/5/2012 9:59 PM, Mark Scott wrote:
        > First off PCGen is awesome! Great job guys. I am running into an issue.
        >
        > I've added a riding dog for my animal companion but I can't get its skills to match that of the monster manual. The monster manual has the riding dog at +8 jump, +5 listen and spot, +3 swim, and +1 survival.
        >
        > However PCGen starts the riding dog out at 10 jump and doesn't give enough skill points to get the other skills up to MM standards. Any idea how to rectify this?
        >
        > Thanks guys.

      • Mark Scott
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5 7:31 PM
          Sorry about that.

          PCGen version: 5.16.4
          Java version: 6.0.320
          I just loaded the SRD 3.5 for players. I just started using the program and haven't tried to load anything else really. And we are playing D&D 3.5. Need anything else?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 5 8:41 PM
            Hi,

            Well, first off, let's see if your issue is fixed in the latest version. If you don't mind grabbing
            5.17.15, see if the problem is still there. If so, let's open a bug on JIRA and we'll have a monkey
            look at it.
            If the problem is gone, then great, sometime between then and now it's been fixed.

            On 7/5/2012 7:31 PM, Mark Scott wrote:
            > Sorry about that.
            >
            > PCGen version: 5.16.4
            > Java version: 6.0.320
            > I just loaded the SRD 3.5 for players. I just started using the program and haven't tried to load anything else really. And we are playing D&D 3.5. Need anything else?
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
            >> PCGen version
            >> Java version
            >> Data sets loaded
            >> 3.5, 3.0, PF, ?
            >>
            >> -- david
            >> Papa.DRB
            >>
            >> My better half and me (jpg)
            >> <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

            >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

            >> On 7/5/2012 9:59 PM, Mark Scott wrote:
            >>> First off PCGen is awesome! Great job guys. I am running into an issue.
            >>>
            >>> I've added a riding dog for my animal companion but I can't get its skills to match that of the monster manual. The monster manual has the riding dog at +8 jump, +5 listen and spot, +3 swim, and +1 survival.
            >>>
            >>> However PCGen starts the riding dog out at 10 jump and doesn't give enough skill points to get the other skills up to MM standards. Any idea how to rectify this?
            >>>
            >>> Thanks guys.

            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Mark Scott
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6 3:00 PM
              Hi,

              I upgraded to 5.17.15 but now when I go to load up an animal companion, the riding dog isn't even there. Also missing from the list is dire rat. Both of these, according to the PHB, should be available to a 1st level druid. Should I submit a bug?

              Thanks.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6 4:42 PM
                Hi,

                Yes, Please. :)

                On 7/6/2012 3:00 PM, Mark Scott wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > I upgraded to 5.17.15 but now when I go to load up an animal companion, the riding dog isn't even there. Also missing from the list is dire rat. Both of these, according to the PHB, should be available to a 1st level druid. Should I submit a bug?
                >
                > Thanks.

                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Well, first off, let's see if your issue is fixed in the latest version. If you don't mind grabbing
                >> 5.17.15, see if the problem is still there. If so, let's open a bug on JIRA and we'll have a monkey
                >> look at it.
                >> If the problem is gone, then great, sometime between then and now it's been fixed.
                >>
                >> On 7/5/2012 7:31 PM, Mark Scott wrote:
                >>> Sorry about that.
                >>>
                >>> PCGen version: 5.16.4
                >>> Java version: 6.0.320
                >>> I just loaded the SRD 3.5 for players. I just started using the program and haven't tried to load anything else really. And we are playing D&D 3.5. Need anything else?

                >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>>

                >> --
                >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • James Dempsey
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 6 4:48 PM
                  Hi Mark,

                  Could you provide a bit more detail please? Which sources do you have loaded, where do you expect it to appear and what does appear there please.?

                  Cheers,
                  James.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 6 5:09 PM
                    Yes, please open a jira (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa) I
                    just confirmed that Dire Rat and Riding Dog are missing from the selections.

                    -- david
                    Papa.DRB

                    My better half and me (jpg)

                  • Mark Scott
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 6 6:13 PM
                      I submitted a bug report but will elaborate on the issue here also. When creating a druid you unlock the ability to get an animal companion. Going to the companion tab you can click create new in the animal companion row. When you click it a list of possible animals pops up from which you select one. On this list should be Dire Rat, Dog, and Riding Dog.