Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern for PCgen

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
      Sorry to hear that :(

      Never any fun when things don't work out. I've never used D20 Pro, but I am a fan of RPTools and
      their line of products.

      On 7/2/2012 10:13 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
      > I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
      > unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.
      >

      > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material
      >> with classes on how to
      >> create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of
      >> clarification, you head on
      >> over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).
      >>
      >> D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then
      >> select D20Pro. That should be
      >> the way to do it, if not, then let me know.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> On 7/2/2012 4:38 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
      >>> Thanks for the reply, i figured it out, sorta. I downloaded the newest
      >>> Alpha, which works better than the newest full version.
      >>>
      >>> The only thing i see is an issue with a few of the feats and not knowing
      >>> how to export the file in a format that D20pro will recognize.
      >>>
      >>> Also, i'd like to add a few classes to PCgen, even if it's for personal
      >>> use. how would i get started on doing that.
      >>>

      >>> PCgen version 5.17.15
      >>> I have the newest Java 7.0.20.11

      >>> PCGen List File Help:
      >>>
      >>> PCGen Experimental:
      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
        Here's some user created sets for d20 pro for modern

        http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=588

        And here's the info needed on importing pcgen characters

        http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1684

        > Sorry to hear that :(
        >
        > Never any fun when things don't work out. I've never used D20 Pro, but I am a fan of RPTools and
        > their line of products.
        >

        > On 7/2/2012 10:13 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
        > > I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
        > > unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.
        > >

        > > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> **
        > >>

        > >> Hi,
        > >>
        > >> Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material
        > >> with classes on how to
        > >> create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of
        > >> clarification, you head on
        > >> over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).
        > >>
        > >> D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then
        > >> select D20Pro. That should be
        > >> the way to do it, if not, then let me know.
        > >>
        > >> Cheers,

        > >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

        > >> --
        > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > --
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Brandon Blaylock
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
          Thanks for the links. The PCgen to D20 Pro export thing seems to be bugged,
          when i try to import a character from PCgen it reads

          This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try
          again.
          Caused by: Unexpected exception
          Caused by: For input string: "5 by 5".

          i have no idea what any of that means.. hopefully it'll be fixed soon, D20
          Pro just updated a few days back, so it may be a new bug.

          i'll toy around with the other files a bit.. it seems like it is missing
          Talents and Occupations.. but that can be overlooked.. just
          sorta inconvenient considering it is a paid program.

          thanks again.