Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern for PCgen

  • Brandon Blaylock
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
      I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
      unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
        Sorry to hear that :(

        Never any fun when things don't work out. I've never used D20 Pro, but I am a fan of RPTools and
        their line of products.

        On 7/2/2012 10:13 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
        > I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
        > unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.
        >

        > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material
        >> with classes on how to
        >> create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of
        >> clarification, you head on
        >> over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).
        >>
        >> D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then
        >> select D20Pro. That should be
        >> the way to do it, if not, then let me know.
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >>
        >> On 7/2/2012 4:38 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
        >>> Thanks for the reply, i figured it out, sorta. I downloaded the newest
        >>> Alpha, which works better than the newest full version.
        >>>
        >>> The only thing i see is an issue with a few of the feats and not knowing
        >>> how to export the file in a format that D20pro will recognize.
        >>>
        >>> Also, i'd like to add a few classes to PCgen, even if it's for personal
        >>> use. how would i get started on doing that.
        >>>

        >>> PCgen version 5.17.15
        >>> I have the newest Java 7.0.20.11

        >>> PCGen List File Help:
        >>>
        >>> PCGen Experimental:
        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
        >>>

        >> --
        >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
          Here's some user created sets for d20 pro for modern

          http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=588

          And here's the info needed on importing pcgen characters

          http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1684

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
            Thanks for the links. The PCgen to D20 Pro export thing seems to be bugged,
            when i try to import a character from PCgen it reads

            This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try
            again.
            Caused by: Unexpected exception
            Caused by: For input string: "5 by 5".

            i have no idea what any of that means.. hopefully it'll be fixed soon, D20
            Pro just updated a few days back, so it may be a new bug.

            i'll toy around with the other files a bit.. it seems like it is missing
            Talents and Occupations.. but that can be overlooked.. just
            sorta inconvenient considering it is a paid program.

            thanks again.