Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern for PCgen

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012

      Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material with classes on how to
      create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of clarification, you head on
      over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).

      D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then select D20Pro. That should be
      the way to do it, if not, then let me know.

      Cheers,

      On 7/2/2012 4:38 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
      > Thanks for the reply, i figured it out, sorta. I downloaded the newest
      > Alpha, which works better than the newest full version.
      >
      > The only thing i see is an issue with a few of the feats and not knowing
      > how to export the file in a format that D20pro will recognize.
      >
      > Also, i'd like to add a few classes to PCgen, even if it's for personal
      > use. how would i get started on doing that.
      >

      > PCgen version 5.17.15
      > I have the newest Java 7.0.20.11

    • Brandon Blaylock
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
        I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
        unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
          Sorry to hear that :(

          Never any fun when things don't work out. I've never used D20 Pro, but I am a fan of RPTools and
          their line of products.

          On 7/2/2012 10:13 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
          > I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
          > unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.
          >

          > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material
          >> with classes on how to
          >> create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of
          >> clarification, you head on
          >> over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).
          >>
          >> D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then
          >> select D20Pro. That should be
          >> the way to do it, if not, then let me know.
          >>
          >> Cheers,
          >>
          >> On 7/2/2012 4:38 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
          >>> Thanks for the reply, i figured it out, sorta. I downloaded the newest
          >>> Alpha, which works better than the newest full version.
          >>>
          >>> The only thing i see is an issue with a few of the feats and not knowing
          >>> how to export the file in a format that D20pro will recognize.
          >>>
          >>> Also, i'd like to add a few classes to PCgen, even if it's for personal
          >>> use. how would i get started on doing that.
          >>>

          >>> PCgen version 5.17.15
          >>> I have the newest Java 7.0.20.11

          >>> PCGen List File Help:
          >>>
          >>> PCGen Experimental:
          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>>

          >> --
          >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
            Here's some user created sets for d20 pro for modern

            http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=588

            And here's the info needed on importing pcgen characters

            http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1684

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
              Thanks for the links. The PCgen to D20 Pro export thing seems to be bugged,
              when i try to import a character from PCgen it reads

              This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try
              again.
              Caused by: Unexpected exception
              Caused by: For input string: "5 by 5".

              i have no idea what any of that means.. hopefully it'll be fixed soon, D20
              Pro just updated a few days back, so it may be a new bug.

              i'll toy around with the other files a bit.. it seems like it is missing
              Talents and Occupations.. but that can be overlooked.. just
              sorta inconvenient considering it is a paid program.

              thanks again.