d20 Modern for PCgen

  • Brandon Blaylock
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012
      I am interested in helping to add to this data set. i am not experienced
      with coding, but i have done a few mods and as long as i am working on a
      project, i seem to learn fast.

      i tried to create a character in PCgen for d20 Modern and got as far as
      determining the skills. it appears that you cannot select skills and it
      seems that it doesn't actually recognize any classes are chosen except when
      determining feats and on the character sheet. all other places have the
      class and level areas blank.

      I am starting a campaign in d20 Pro and would like to use PCgen for the
      npcs and PCs, if anyone can help me get started on this, i'd appreciate it.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2012

        Which sets are loaded?
        Which version of PCGen?
        What version of Java are you using?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
          Thanks for the reply, i figured it out, sorta. I downloaded the newest
          Alpha, which works better than the newest full version.

          The only thing i see is an issue with a few of the feats and not knowing
          how to export the file in a format that D20pro will recognize.

          Also, i'd like to add a few classes to PCgen, even if it's for personal
          use. how would i get started on doing that.

          PCgen version 5.17.15
          I have the newest Java 7.0.20.11

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012

            Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material with classes on how to
            create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of clarification, you head on
            over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).

            D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then select D20Pro. That should be
            the way to do it, if not, then let me know.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
              I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
              unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
                Sorry to hear that :(

                Never any fun when things don't work out. I've never used D20 Pro, but I am a fan of RPTools and
                their line of products.

                On 7/2/2012 10:13 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
                > I think i figured out the D20 pro thing.. it doesn't support d20 modern,
                > unlike i was told.. waste of money really Map tools is better.
                >

                > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                >
                >> **
                >>

                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Well, the first place is to read the docs, they have some great material
                >> with classes on how to
                >> create your own files. Then if you need more pointed help in the form of
                >> clarification, you head on
                >> over to the PCGen List File Help group (Footer holds a link).
                >>
                >> D20Pro - When you export, I believe you need to export as TXT and then
                >> select D20Pro. That should be
                >> the way to do it, if not, then let me know.
                >>
                >> Cheers,
                >>
                >> On 7/2/2012 4:38 AM, Brandon Blaylock wrote:
                >>> Thanks for the reply, i figured it out, sorta. I downloaded the newest
                >>> Alpha, which works better than the newest full version.
                >>>
                >>> The only thing i see is an issue with a few of the feats and not knowing
                >>> how to export the file in a format that D20pro will recognize.
                >>>
                >>> Also, i'd like to add a few classes to PCgen, even if it's for personal
                >>> use. how would i get started on doing that.
                >>>

                >>> PCgen version 5.17.15
                >>> I have the newest Java 7.0.20.11

                >>> PCGen List File Help:
                >>>
                >>> PCGen Experimental:
                >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>>

                >> --
                >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
                  Here's some user created sets for d20 pro for modern

                  http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=588

                  And here's the info needed on importing pcgen characters

                  http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1684

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2012
                    Thanks for the links. The PCgen to D20 Pro export thing seems to be bugged,
                    when i try to import a character from PCgen it reads

                    This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try
                    again.
                    Caused by: Unexpected exception
                    Caused by: For input string: "5 by 5".

                    i have no idea what any of that means.. hopefully it'll be fixed soon, D20
                    Pro just updated a few days back, so it may be a new bug.

                    i'll toy around with the other files a bit.. it seems like it is missing
                    Talents and Occupations.. but that can be overlooked.. just
                    sorta inconvenient considering it is a paid program.

                    thanks again.