Re: [pcgen] Re: Source Issues

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2012

      Sorry, your reply ended up in my spam box... Sending on to James.

      On 6/14/2012 4:00 PM, The Grim Reefer wrote:
      > Yes that is exactly what it is acting like, but that option is not enabled according to the preference screen....

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Is the preference to load sources with the character enabled? That'd be the issue right there.
      >>
      >> On 6/14/2012 3:32 PM, The Grim Reefer wrote:
      >>> I am not certain if this is user error or an issue, or if I should be here or in _exp, but here goes:
      >>>
      >>> Whenever I load a character, it *always* reloads only the sources that were loaded when the character was originaly created. Even with both autoload sources on start and autoload sources on PC unchecked.
      >>>
      >>> For the most simplestic case
      >>>
      >>> To begin, the Pazio Pathfinder Core Rulebook is only source loaded and a character is created with only stats, race and class selected, then saved and closed.
      >>>
      >>> Then go back and load the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide, in addition to the Core Rulebook.
      >>>
      >>> If the Character is reloaded, the program reloads the sources, and the Advanced Players Guide is no longer loaded.
      >>>
      >>> To rule out user error, I have tried the same in 5.17.10, no problem, and uninstalled (removing all extra configuration files) and reinstalled, same thing happens.
      >>>
      >>> Any Ideas?
      >>>
      >>> Thanks
      >>>
      >>> System info:
      >>> Using 5.17.14 on a Windows Vista machine with JRE 7
      >>> problem does not happen on same machine with 5.17.10 using JRE6

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2012

        Yes the new UI assumes you always want to load sources with the character.
        It is good at checking if the sources are already loaded though.

        We have to add back in the option to load a character with whatever sources
        are currently loaded.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB

      • pshipley@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 19, 2012
          I've raised a JIRA for this [CODE-1532] - only issue I've found so far with awesome new skin (have stuck with 5.17.10 up til now as am mid-campaign :-).

          Cheers

          Paul