[Bug(s)] "partial" added class + frclass.lst file problem

  • brentab@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
      While the PRESKILL bug has been taken care of, the other half of the
      bug I reported in 2.1.2 is still present.

      ------------

      If you add Divine Discipline it doesn't "really" get added. The
      function locks up/times out or for some other reason only executes a
      stage or two in adding the class when you hit the plus key.

      When you hit it and release the + key doesn't spring back up. The
      Divine Disciple isn't added to the class list... until you move to
      another tab then come back. None of the bonuses for this class are
      being added to the character (+1 spellcaster class, new domain, etc.)

      I double-checked the code by doing Duelist and this one seemed to
      complete fine (though I didn't see the AC bonus I should have had
      when I previewed it?) Something is wrong with Divine Disciple.

      ----------

      The Runecaster class says it requires Craft = 8. Exactly WHICH
      Craft is required? It's not generic since I tried Craft
      (woodworking) at 8.

      ----------

      PS. The tooltips bug is still there. Maybe it's just a bad .lst
      file or something. Point at the Cavalier PreReqs.
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., brentab@e... wrote:

        > If you add Divine Discipline it doesn't "really" get added. The
        > function locks up/times out or for some other reason only executes
        > stage or two in adding the class when you hit the plus key.

        You get an exception (try putting yourself in debug mode - not seeing
        a class fully 'add' is a prime example of what happens when you get
        an exception). In the debug console I saw
        Exception occurred during event dispatching:
        java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
        -3
        which means that PCGen was referencing a bad position. Not sure
        where this is occuring, but it means that the failure occured at some
        point, and that the Divine Disciple class was not added properly,
        thus it is suspect (I wouldn't trust that the part that was added is
        complete enough to be usable).

        > ----------
        >
        > The Runecaster class says it requires Craft = 8. Exactly WHICH
        > Craft is required? It's not generic since I tried Craft
        > (woodworking) at 8.

        Good question - until it is specified, you won't be able to qualify
        for it. If it's simply a matter of having 8 ranks in any craft, I
        think it should be
        PRESKILL:1,Craft %=8

        > ----------
        >
        > PS. The tooltips bug is still there. Maybe it's just a bad .lst
        > file or something. Point at the Cavalier PreReqs.

        That is an insanely long prereq (Sword and Fist). I just checked in
        a change that will break it into as many lines as necessary. The
        cavalier gets broken into 5 lines, so it's a long one!

        -Bryan
      • brentab@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
          > which means that PCGen was referencing a bad position. Not sure
          > where this is occuring, but it means that the failure occured at
          some
          > point, and that the Divine Disciple class was not added properly,
          > thus it is suspect (I wouldn't trust that the part that was added
          is
          > complete enough to be usable).

          Hmmm... this class used to work in 2.1.1 and suddenly broke in
          2.1.2. That should help isolate the problem... either a list file or
          source code change in 2.1.2.

          > > PS. The tooltips bug is still there. Maybe it's just a bad .lst
          > > file or something. Point at the Cavalier PreReqs.
          >
          > That is an insanely long prereq (Sword and Fist). I just checked
          in
          > a change that will break it into as many lines as necessary. The
          > cavalier gets broken into 5 lines, so it's a long one!

          Great to hear! I've been having the problems in feats as well. :)
        • Mark Hulsman
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
            > > The Runecaster class says it requires Craft = 8. Exactly WHICH
            > > Craft is required? It's not generic since I tried Craft
            > > (woodworking) at 8.
            >
            > Good question - until it is specified, you won't be able to qualify
            > for it. If it's simply a matter of having 8 ranks in any craft, I
            > think it should be
            > PRESKILL:1,Craft %=8

            It should require Craft (Rune) (I Think)
          • James Blakeney
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
              > > The Runecaster class says it requires Craft = 8. Exactly WHICH
              > > Craft is required? It's not generic since I tried Craft
              > > (woodworking) at 8.
              >
              > Good question - until it is specified, you won't be able to qualify
              > for it. If it's simply a matter of having 8 ranks in any craft, I
              > think it should be
              > PRESKILL:1,Craft %=8

              I had to look up the documentation on this. Actually it is
              TYPE.Craft=8 to get that to work. That % appear to be for knowledge
              skills. What that type say is that any craft skills at 8 will work.
              You can use it for other root skills too.
            • James Blakeney
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                > > > The Runecaster class says it requires Craft = 8. Exactly WHICH
                > > > Craft is required? It's not generic since I tried Craft
                > > > (woodworking) at 8.
                > >
                > > Good question - until it is specified, you won't be able to qualify
                > > for it. If it's simply a matter of having 8 ranks in any craft, I
                > > think it should be
                > > PRESKILL:1,Craft %=8
                >
                > It should require Craft (Rune) (I Think)
                No, runes can be crafted in a variety of ways, Think painting, inking,
                sculpture, etching etc. Thus Craft (Painting) or Craft (Gemcutting) etc.
              • James Blakeney
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "James Blakeney" <james.blakeney@g...> wrote:

                  > > > Good question - until it is specified, you won't be able to qualify
                  > > > for it. If it's simply a matter of having 8 ranks in any craft, I
                  > > > think it should be
                  > > > PRESKILL:1,Craft %=8
                  > >
                  > > It should require Craft (Rune) (I Think)
                  > No, runes can be crafted in a variety of ways, Think painting, inking,
                  > sculpture, etching etc. Thus Craft (Painting) or Craft (Gemcutting) etc.
                  I forgot to mention. They paid for their craft skills so type.craft
                  will let them use it without paying extra which craft (rune) would.
                • brentab@earthlink.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
                    I'm pretty sure that FRCS added Craft (Rune) as a skill (and that
                    this was the required skill). I won't be able to verify till next
                    weekend.

                  • pjak@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 2001
                      --- In pcgen@y..., "James Blakeney" <james.blakeney@g...> wrote:

                      > I had to look up the documentation on this. Actually it is
                      > TYPE.Craft=8 to get that to work. That % appear to be for knowledge
                      > skills. What that type say is that any craft skills at 8 will work.
                      > You can use it for other root skills too.

                      Changed it to work this way for next release.

                      /Jonas