punch dagger

  • Yosemite Sam
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
      In the masterwork weapons file, it list the proficiency for the punch dagger
      as dagger (punching). This doesn't exist, and should be just dagger.

      Is there any plans to change the required race tag to allow multiple parts?
      We are running a Faerune campainge, and would like to rescrict items to
      drow, but the race is listed as Elf (male Drow) , and I can only use Elf.
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
        True enough - corrected.

        As far as your elven quandry goes... you only have an Elf race (not
        specifically drow) but you want to limit something to just drow? How
        do you know something is drow? I do plan on beginning work on the
        regionality/language project, so maybe "drow" could be a region
        (underdark or whatever) and you could then restrict based upon an elf
        from said region.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Yosemite Sam" <churcht@b...> wrote:
        > In the masterwork weapons file, it list the proficiency for the
        punch dagger
        > as dagger (punching). This doesn't exist, and should be just
        dagger.

        > Is there any plans to change the required race tag to allow
        multiple parts?
        > We are running a Faerune campainge, and would like to rescrict
        items to
        > drow, but the race is listed as Elf (male Drow) , and I can only
        use Elf.
      • Mark Hulsman
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
          I think he was wondering if you can have multiple races that can be allowed
          to take something. Because in order to let drow have something you have to
          allow it for males and females since they are set up as separate races.
          Currently this is not possible. One thing he could do is once templates are
          done give each drow race a template called drow. That template doesn't even
          need to do anything, it would just be there for preq purposes.

        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
            Oh - the PRERACE: tag works like this
            PRERACE:Elf,Dwarf,[Halfling]
            this would be non-sensical, but it would work as follows - if you're
            an Elf or Dwarf, you qualify. If you're not a Halfling you qualify
            (obviously, if you're an Elf or Dwarf, you're not a Halfling... but I
            did this to illustrate a point). So PRERACE:Elf (Drow male),Elf (Drow
            female) is valid and will allow both races to qualify.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
            > I think he was wondering if you can have multiple races that can be
            allowed
            > to take something. Because in order to let drow have something you
            have to
            > allow it for males and females since they are set up as separate
            races.
            > Currently this is not possible. One thing he could do is once
            templates are
            > done give each drow race a template called drow. That template
            doesn't even
            > need to do anything, it would just be there for preq purposes.
            >
            > > As far as your elven quandry goes... you only have an Elf race
            (not
            > > specifically drow) but you want to limit something to just drow?
            How
            > > do you know something is drow? I do plan on beginning work on the
            > > regionality/language project, so maybe "drow" could be a region
            > > (underdark or whatever) and you could then restrict based upon an
            elf
            > > from said region.
            > >

            > > > We are running a Faerune campainge, and would like to rescrict
            > > items to
            > > > drow, but the race is listed as Elf (male Drow) , and I can only
            > > use Elf.
          • Yosemite Sam
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
              Actually, its a feat. My DM decided that drow could finesse scimitars, so I
              wrote a feat called Drow weapon finesse, same as the regular, but scimitars
              added. I would like to restrict this to just drow.
              > As far as your elven quandry goes... you only have an Elf race (not
              > specifically drow) but you want to limit something to just drow? How
              > do you know something is drow? I do plan on beginning work on the
              > regionality/language project, so maybe "drow" could be a region
              > (underdark or whatever) and you could then restrict based upon an elf
              > from said region.
              >
              > -Bryan
              >

              > --- In pcgen@y..., "Yosemite Sam" <churcht@b...> wrote:
              > > In the masterwork weapons file, it list the proficiency for the
              > punch dagger
              > > as dagger (punching). This doesn't exist, and should be just
              > dagger.
              > >
              > > Is there any plans to change the required race tag to allow
              > multiple parts?
              > > We are running a Faerune campainge, and would like to rescrict
              > items to
              > > drow, but the race is listed as Elf (male Drow) , and I can only
              > use Elf.

            • Yosemite Sam
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2001
                Look farther down in the races list, the ones with the correct stat bonus
                are Elf (Male Drow)

                > I think he was wondering if you can have multiple races that can be
                allowed
                > to take something. Because in order to let drow have something you have
                > allow it for males and females since they are set up as separate races.
                > Currently this is not possible. One thing he could do is once templates
                are
                > done give each drow race a template called drow. That template doesn't
                even
                > need to do anything, it would just be there for preq purposes.
                >
                > > As far as your elven quandry goes... you only have an Elf race (not
                > > specifically drow) but you want to limit something to just drow? How
                > > do you know something is drow? I do plan on beginning work on the
                > > regionality/language project, so maybe "drow" could be a region
                > > (underdark or whatever) and you could then restrict based upon an elf
                > > from said region.
                > >

                > > > We are running a Faerune campainge, and would like to rescrict
                > > items to
                > > > drow, but the race is listed as Elf (male Drow) , and I can only
                > > use Elf.

              • Yosemite Sam
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2001
                  > this would be non-sensical, but it would work as follows - if you're
                  > an Elf or Dwarf, you qualify. If you're not a Halfling you qualify
                  > (obviously, if you're an Elf or Dwarf, you're not a Halfling... but I
                  > did this to illustrate a point). So PRERACE:Elf (Drow male),Elf (Drow
                  > female) is valid and will allow both races to qualify.
                  >
                  > -Bryan

                  I can get it to work with PRERACE:Elf (Male Drow), but when I add Elf
                  (Female Drow) it stops working.
                  PRERACE:Elf (Male Drow) works
                  PRERACE:Elf (Male Drow),Elf (Female Drow) does not
                  PRERACE:Elf (Male Drow), Elf (Female Drow) also does not
                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 3, 2001
                    Oops - did I say ,? Try |
                    PRERACE:Elf (Male Drow)|Elf (Female Drow)
                    works.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 4, 2001
                      That worked, and I should have known that. Thanks.