Source Issues

  • The Grim Reefer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 14, 2012
      I am not certain if this is user error or an issue, or if I should be here or in _exp, but here goes:

      Whenever I load a character, it *always* reloads only the sources that were loaded when the character was originaly created. Even with both autoload sources on start and autoload sources on PC unchecked.

      For the most simplestic case

      To begin, the Pazio Pathfinder Core Rulebook is only source loaded and a character is created with only stats, race and class selected, then saved and closed.

      Then go back and load the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide, in addition to the Core Rulebook.

      If the Character is reloaded, the program reloads the sources, and the Advanced Players Guide is no longer loaded.

      To rule out user error, I have tried the same in 5.17.10, no problem, and uninstalled (removing all extra configuration files) and reinstalled, same thing happens.

      Any Ideas?

      Thanks

      System info:
      Using 5.17.14 on a Windows Vista machine with JRE 7
      problem does not happen on same machine with 5.17.10 using JRE6
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 14, 2012

        Is the preference to load sources with the character enabled? That'd be the issue right there.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 14, 2012
          Yes that is exactly what it is acting like, but that option is not enabled according to the preference screen....

          > Is the preference to load sources with the character enabled? That'd be the issue right there.
          >
          > On 6/14/2012 3:32 PM, The Grim Reefer wrote:
          > > I am not certain if this is user error or an issue, or if I should be here or in _exp, but here goes:
          > >
          > > Whenever I load a character, it *always* reloads only the sources that were loaded when the character was originaly created. Even with both autoload sources on start and autoload sources on PC unchecked.
          > >
          > > For the most simplestic case
          > >
          > > To begin, the Pazio Pathfinder Core Rulebook is only source loaded and a character is created with only stats, race and class selected, then saved and closed.
          > >
          > > Then go back and load the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide, in addition to the Core Rulebook.
          > >
          > > If the Character is reloaded, the program reloads the sources, and the Advanced Players Guide is no longer loaded.
          > >
          > > To rule out user error, I have tried the same in 5.17.10, no problem, and uninstalled (removing all extra configuration files) and reinstalled, same thing happens.
          > >
          > > Any Ideas?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > System info:
          > > Using 5.17.14 on a Windows Vista machine with JRE 7
          > > problem does not happen on same machine with 5.17.10 using JRE6

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • The Grim Reefer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2012
            This has been sitting for a few days, does anyone else have some suggestions? Is there another setting somewhere to load sources with PC? Is anyone else having this problem?

            Currently in my settings for sources, there is no check to Load Source with PC, version 5.17.14 using Pathfinder Core Rulebook.

            Thanks for the help

            Grim Reefer

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 20, 2012

              Sorry, your reply ended up in my spam box... Sending on to James.

              On 6/14/2012 4:00 PM, The Grim Reefer wrote:
              > Yes that is exactly what it is acting like, but that option is not enabled according to the preference screen....

              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> Is the preference to load sources with the character enabled? That'd be the issue right there.
              >>
              >> On 6/14/2012 3:32 PM, The Grim Reefer wrote:
              >>> I am not certain if this is user error or an issue, or if I should be here or in _exp, but here goes:
              >>>
              >>> Whenever I load a character, it *always* reloads only the sources that were loaded when the character was originaly created. Even with both autoload sources on start and autoload sources on PC unchecked.
              >>>
              >>> For the most simplestic case
              >>>
              >>> To begin, the Pazio Pathfinder Core Rulebook is only source loaded and a character is created with only stats, race and class selected, then saved and closed.
              >>>
              >>> Then go back and load the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide, in addition to the Core Rulebook.
              >>>
              >>> If the Character is reloaded, the program reloads the sources, and the Advanced Players Guide is no longer loaded.
              >>>
              >>> To rule out user error, I have tried the same in 5.17.10, no problem, and uninstalled (removing all extra configuration files) and reinstalled, same thing happens.
              >>>
              >>> Any Ideas?
              >>>
              >>> Thanks
              >>>
              >>> System info:
              >>> Using 5.17.14 on a Windows Vista machine with JRE 7
              >>> problem does not happen on same machine with 5.17.10 using JRE6

              >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
              >>>

              >> --
              >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 20, 2012

                Yes the new UI assumes you always want to load sources with the character.
                It is good at checking if the sources are already loaded though.

                We have to add back in the option to load a character with whatever sources
                are currently loaded.

                Cheers,
                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code SB

              • pshipley@ymail.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 19, 2012
                  I've raised a JIRA for this [CODE-1532] - only issue I've found so far with awesome new skin (have stuck with 5.17.10 up til now as am mid-campaign :-).

                  Cheers

                  Paul