RE: [pcgen] Re: Problem

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2001
      Not only that, but what combination of Cleric/Sorcerer is the character? If
      it's 19/1, 18/2 or 17/3, you should see 9th level spells for only the class
      that is 18 or above, but anything less than 17th class level shouldn't have
      any 9th level spells, right?

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2001
        yes, but I made both classes 20th level because I was trying to track
        down an error in my spell list file. Needed to see both Divine and
        Arcane. And actually, (now that I'm awake) a sorcerer gets spell
        levels 1 level later than a wizard does, so in sticking with only a
        20th (total) level character, it would be Sor18/Clr2 (Wiz17/Clr3)

        Mynex
        He who thinks he slept, but may have simply passed out

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@y...> wrote:
        > Not only that, but what combination of Cleric/Sorcerer is the
        character? If
        > it's 19/1, 18/2 or 17/3, you should see 9th level spells for only
        the class
        > that is 18 or above, but anything less than 17th class level
        shouldn't have
        > any 9th level spells, right?

      • mynex2k1
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2001
          There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This is
          being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed, I'll
          post it to the files section here on the groups.

          Mynex
        • zodar6
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
            I have fixed the file. Where do I post it?

            --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:

            > There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This
            is
            > being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed, I'll
            > post it to the files section here on the groups.
            >
            > Mynex
          • mynex2k1
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
              you found the spot I see, thanks. If someone else doesn't get it
              into CVS before I get off work, then I'll take care of it in the
              morning.

              Mynex

              --- In pcgen@y..., "zodar6" <zodar6@l...> wrote:
              > I have fixed the file. Where do I post it?
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:
              > >

              > > There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This
              > is
              > > being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed,
              I'll
              > > post it to the files section here on the groups.
              > >
              > > Mynex
            • Edward
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001
                Ok I just downloaded the newest version and unzipped to my original
                directory. Now when I launch the program I get the following error

                ERROR:CC:\PCGen\system\schools.lst
                Error
                Exception type:jave.io.FileNotFoundException
                Message:C:\PCGen\236\system\schools.lst (The system cannot find the path
                specified)

                This is followed by a number of other errors all saying that it can not find
                a file. Am I missing something here, sorry I'm not a programmer and know
                nothing about it. I've already tried reinstalling the Java and that didn't
                work.

                Edward
              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001
                  Yup - you'll need to delete the options.ini file before launching
                  PCGen to correct that problem.

                  -Bryan

                  --- In pcgen@y..., "Edward" <eebuehler@h...> wrote:
                  > Ok I just downloaded the newest version and unzipped to my original
                  > directory. Now when I launch the program I get the following error
                  >
                  > ERROR:CC:\PCGen\system\schools.lst
                  > Error
                  > Exception type:jave.io.FileNotFoundException
                  > Message:C:\PCGen\236\system\schools.lst (The system cannot find the
                  path
                  > specified)
                  >
                  > This is followed by a number of other errors all saying that it can
                  not find
                  > a file. Am I missing something here, sorry I'm not a programmer and
                  know
                  > nothing about it. I've already tried reinstalling the Java and that
                  didn't
                  > work.
                  >
                  > Edward
                • Edward
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001

                    Thanks, didn’t think of that one. Actually I finally just got it work by changing the path for some reason the program wanted me to create a subdirectory called “236” under C:\PCGen.  That was weird. Now for some reason whenever I leave the program it will not remember any of the options that I set before exiting. Any ideas on that one?

                    Edward

                  • cnickel1@ameritech.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 18, 2002
                      I may have a couple of problems with the shield
                      bash. First of all the equipment table only list
                      it as 1d3. A large shield is 1d4, this is a small
                      enough problem. I can edit it myself. The big
                      problem is the ability to use the bash and retain
                      the AC bonus of the shield. The feat shield expert
                      alows this, but when I equip the shield bash I do
                      not get the AC bonus even when I take the feat.
                      Another problem is that the program does not
                      calculate the attack bonus of the primary weapon
                      and the shield as if you are fighting with both
                      hands, even if the weapon is in the primary hand
                      and the shield is in the secondary hand. Any
                      advice?

                      Chris Nickel
                      cnickel1@...
                      Tolerant enough to listen
                      Intolerant enough to question
                    • ce_wheeler
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 23, 2002
                        I am attempting to run PCGen 4.1.0 on a Windows 2000 machine. It
                        give me a message of illegal class info
                        playershbclasses.lst:9 "Fortitudecheck:G" when I start the program.
                        I was previously running PCGen 3.0 with no issues. Can someone
                        please help me out?
                      • gsbingl
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 23, 2002
                          Ty moving/deleting the data/wotc directory. The name was changed to
                          wizardsofthecoast as we use publisher's names for all other
                          directories, so you'll have old version .lst files that are causing
                          this problem.

                          Byngl