Re: PCGen 2.1.3 is available - BUG REPORT

  • Lonestar
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
      The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
      Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

      Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
        Bummer! Sorry about that. I assumed that one had been nailed - for
        some reason the skill code must not be using the same method to check
        for proficiency as the Equipment tab.

        -Bryan

      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
          > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
          > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

          Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
          what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
          to be working properly.

          -Bryan
        • Mark Hulsman
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
            > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
            > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
            >
            > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
            > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
            > to be working properly.

            Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting a bug
            about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not working
            correctly.
          • Lonestar
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
              Hi Bryan,

              Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:

              myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
              >> The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
              >> Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

              myc> Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
              myc> what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
              myc> to be working properly.

              myc> -Bryan

              Make a new char.
              Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
              has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only get
              at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
              saved in the .pcg file.

              Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
            • merton_monk@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                > > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                > > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                > >
                > > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still
                exists,
                > > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of
                seem
                > > to be working properly.
                >
                > Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting
                a bug
                > about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not
                working
                > correctly.

                When I read his email I assumed it was skills related (I thought that
                was part of the bug), but obviously that wasn't correct. Since I
                can't recall the details of the bug now, and I can't find one like
                this at sourceforge, I'd like someone to fill me in on what bug
                exactly he's referring to (more importantly, how to recreate it...)

                -Bryan
              • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                  --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                  > Hi Bryan,
                  >
                  > Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                  >
                  > Make a new char.
                  > Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                  > has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                  get
                  > at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                  > saved in the .pcg file.

                  Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                  I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                  can you tell me the #?

                  -Bryan
                • Lonestar
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                    Hi Bryan,

                    Monday, September 03, 2001, 4:44:05 AM, you wrote:

                    myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                    >> Hi Bryan,
                    >>
                    >> Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Make a new char.
                    >> Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                    >> has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                    myc> get
                    >> at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                    >> saved in the .pcg file.

                    myc> Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                    myc> I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                    myc> can you tell me the #?

                    Hmm, I don't see it in sourceforge and I didn't enter it there.
                    I just reported it here and obviously got ignored once again... :-|
                    Strange, but it seems I have to repost everything at least once for
                    someone to read it ;)

                    Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                  • Joe Crow
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                      Didn't PCGen used to run on OS X anyway? So nothing's
                      changed, then?

                      --Joe Crow
                      -Everything I need to know about life I learned by killing smart
                      people and eating their brains.-

                      --- In pcgen@y..., "Eric Statz" <eric_statz@y...> wrote:
                      > --- In pcgen@y..., dennis@h... wrote:
                      > > Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a
                      Mac?
                      > > Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the
                      > MacOS
                      > > does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+

                      > > --- In pcgen@y..., merton_monk@y... wrote:
                      > > > Features
                      > > > 457401 Mac Version
                      > > > 457405 Mac Version!!
                      >
                      > You java 2, which is unavailable for mac os 9.x (blame apple
                      for that
                      > one). It runs perfectly fine out of box on OS X, just dl the zip
                      > file, and double click on the .jar file. (if that doesn't work,
                      try
                      > launching it with a 'java -jar pcgen.jar' from the terminal.
                    • Eric Statz
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                        Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                        which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run on
                        OS 9.

                        -Eric
                      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                          --- In pcgen@y..., "Eric Statz" <eric_statz@y...> wrote:
                          > Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                          > which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run
                          on
                          > OS 9.

                          Well - it can run under Virtual PC. For some reason apple, a
                          licensed java distributor, decided not to support anything beyond
                          java 1.1.8 on it's pre-OS X platforms. It's their way to force
                          everyone on to OS X, I suppose, but that seems like an awfully
                          microsoftish tactic. I think someone had just gone through old bugs
                          and features and closed some out that had obviously been addressed -
                          in this case it had been addressed as much as we have control over.

                          -Bryan