Re: PCGen 2.1.3 is available

  • dennis@horsethieves.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
      Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a Mac?
      Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the MacOS
      does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+

      Thanks for your support!

      Dennis Stanley
      dennis@...

      > Features
      > 457401 Mac Version
      > 457405 Mac Version!!
    • Eric Statz
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., dennis@h... wrote:
        > Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a Mac?
        > Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the
        MacOS
        > does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+
        >
        > Thanks for your support!
        >
        > Dennis Stanley
        > dennis@h...
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., merton_monk@y... wrote:
        > > Features
        > > 457401 Mac Version
        > > 457405 Mac Version!!

        You java 2, which is unavailable for mac os 9.x (blame apple for that
        one). It runs perfectly fine out of box on OS X, just dl the zip
        file, and double click on the .jar file. (if that doesn't work, try
        launching it with a 'java -jar pcgen.jar' from the terminal.

        -Eric
      • Lonestar
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
          The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
          Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

          Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
            Bummer! Sorry about that. I assumed that one had been nailed - for
            some reason the skill code must not be using the same method to check
            for proficiency as the Equipment tab.

            -Bryan

          • merton_monk@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
              > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
              > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

              Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
              what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
              to be working properly.

              -Bryan
            • Mark Hulsman
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                >
                > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                > to be working properly.

                Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting a bug
                about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not working
                correctly.
              • Lonestar
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                  Hi Bryan,

                  Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:

                  myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                  >> The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                  >> Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

                  myc> Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                  myc> what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                  myc> to be working properly.

                  myc> -Bryan

                  Make a new char.
                  Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                  has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only get
                  at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                  saved in the .pcg file.

                  Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                    > > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                    > > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                    > >
                    > > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still
                    exists,
                    > > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of
                    seem
                    > > to be working properly.
                    >
                    > Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting
                    a bug
                    > about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not
                    working
                    > correctly.

                    When I read his email I assumed it was skills related (I thought that
                    was part of the bug), but obviously that wasn't correct. Since I
                    can't recall the details of the bug now, and I can't find one like
                    this at sourceforge, I'd like someone to fill me in on what bug
                    exactly he's referring to (more importantly, how to recreate it...)

                    -Bryan
                  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                      --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                      > Hi Bryan,
                      >
                      > Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                      >
                      > Make a new char.
                      > Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                      > has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                      get
                      > at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                      > saved in the .pcg file.

                      Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                      I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                      can you tell me the #?

                      -Bryan
                    • Lonestar
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                        Hi Bryan,

                        Monday, September 03, 2001, 4:44:05 AM, you wrote:

                        myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                        >> Hi Bryan,
                        >>
                        >> Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                        >>
                        >> Make a new char.
                        >> Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                        >> has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                        myc> get
                        >> at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                        >> saved in the .pcg file.

                        myc> Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                        myc> I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                        myc> can you tell me the #?

                        Hmm, I don't see it in sourceforge and I didn't enter it there.
                        I just reported it here and obviously got ignored once again... :-|
                        Strange, but it seems I have to repost everything at least once for
                        someone to read it ;)

                        Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                      • Joe Crow
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                          Didn't PCGen used to run on OS X anyway? So nothing's
                          changed, then?

                          --Joe Crow
                          -Everything I need to know about life I learned by killing smart
                          people and eating their brains.-

                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                            Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                            which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run on
                            OS 9.

                            -Eric
                          • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                              --- In pcgen@y..., "Eric Statz" <eric_statz@y...> wrote:
                              > Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                              > which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run
                              on
                              > OS 9.

                              Well - it can run under Virtual PC. For some reason apple, a
                              licensed java distributor, decided not to support anything beyond
                              java 1.1.8 on it's pre-OS X platforms. It's their way to force
                              everyone on to OS X, I suppose, but that seems like an awfully
                              microsoftish tactic. I think someone had just gone through old bugs
                              and features and closed some out that had obviously been addressed -
                              in this case it had been addressed as much as we have control over.

                              -Bryan