Re: [pcgen] Blank tabs

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2012
      Hi,

      This is because you are using Java 7 (which is now the default Java
      download), which PCGen versions prior to 5.17.11 were incompatible with.

      There are two options to fix this:
      1. Install Java 6 and ensure PCGen uses that (may require downgrading
      Java or using a batch file to start PCGen with Java 6)
      2. Use PCGen 5.17.13 (or later once they come out).

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 20/05/2012 1:04 PM texasklang wrote
      > First of all, thanks to everyone involved with PCGen for this awesome tool. Been using it for a while now, definitely the best tool for keeping all my information straight.
      >
      > Just did a fresh install of Windows 7 (from Vista) and trying to get PCGen squared away. Did a fresh download of the latest. Sources are loading OK (even my customs), and I can open characters the printed character sheets look good.
      >
      > The issue is within the program... I'm not seeing available selections everywhere I'm supposed to. For example, on the 'race' tab, there's nothing on either the 'race' sub-tab or the 'templates' sub-tab... cleared filters, tried various sorts, all to no effect; there's nothing to select from. Same issue with the class tab, inventory tab... all of them.
      >
      > Help?
    • texasklang
      Message 2 of 3 , May 22, 2012
        Thanks for the explanation... I'll go with 5.17.13 for now and see how it goes...