Blank tabs

  • texasklang
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2012
      First of all, thanks to everyone involved with PCGen for this awesome tool. Been using it for a while now, definitely the best tool for keeping all my information straight.

      Just did a fresh install of Windows 7 (from Vista) and trying to get PCGen squared away. Did a fresh download of the latest. Sources are loading OK (even my customs), and I can open characters the printed character sheets look good.

      The issue is within the program... I'm not seeing available selections everywhere I'm supposed to. For example, on the 'race' tab, there's nothing on either the 'race' sub-tab or the 'templates' sub-tab... cleared filters, tried various sorts, all to no effect; there's nothing to select from. Same issue with the class tab, inventory tab... all of them.

      Help?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19, 2012

        This is because you are using Java 7 (which is now the default Java
        download), which PCGen versions prior to 5.17.11 were incompatible with.

        There are two options to fix this:
        1. Install Java 6 and ensure PCGen uses that (may require downgrading
        Java or using a batch file to start PCGen with Java 6)
        2. Use PCGen 5.17.13 (or later once they come out).

        Cheers,
        James.

        On 20/05/2012 1:04 PM texasklang wrote
        > First of all, thanks to everyone involved with PCGen for this awesome tool. Been using it for a while now, definitely the best tool for keeping all my information straight.
        >
        > Just did a fresh install of Windows 7 (from Vista) and trying to get PCGen squared away. Did a fresh download of the latest. Sources are loading OK (even my customs), and I can open characters the printed character sheets look good.
        >
        > The issue is within the program... I'm not seeing available selections everywhere I'm supposed to. For example, on the 'race' tab, there's nothing on either the 'race' sub-tab or the 'templates' sub-tab... cleared filters, tried various sorts, all to no effect; there's nothing to select from. Same issue with the class tab, inventory tab... all of them.
        >
        > Help?
      • texasklang
        Message 3 of 3 , May 22, 2012
          Thanks for the explanation... I'll go with 5.17.13 for now and see how it goes...