Bugs found

  • John Pyrich
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2001
      Bug 1

      Here's how it happened.

      1. Started PCgen
      2. Clicked New
      3. Went to Combat tab
      4. Clicked Close
      5. Clicked New

      java.lang.NumberFormatException:
      F|.125,D|.25,T|.5,S|.75,L|2,H|4,G|8,C|16
      at java/lang/Double.valueOf0
      at java/lang/Float.valueOf
      at java/lang/Float.<init>
      at PCGen.maxLoadForStrengthAndSize
      at PCGen.loadTypeForStrength
      at PlayerCharacter.movement
      at PCGen.displayCombatTab
      at PCGen.pcTabControl_selectedIndexChanged
      at PCGen.playerTab_selectedIndexChanged
      at com/ms/wfc/core/EventHandler.invoke
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/TabBase.onSelectedIndexChanged
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/TabBase.setSelectedIndex
      at PCGen.newButton_click
      at com/ms/wfc/core/EventHandler.invoke
      at com/ms/wfc/core/Component.fireEvent
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.onClick
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Button.onClick
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Button.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.callback
      at com/ms/wfc/win32/Windows.SendMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.sendMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.reflectMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wmCommand
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Form.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.callback
      at com/ms/wfc/win32/Windows.CallWindowProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.defWndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.defWndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.defWndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wmMouseUp
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Button.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.callback
      at com/ms/wfc/win32/Windows.DispatchMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Application$ThreadContext.runMessageLoop
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Application.run
      at PCGen.main

      Bug 2
      Here's how it happened:

      1. I started PC Gen
      2. Clicked New
      3. Imported a Character
      4. Went to the Combat tab
      5. Clicked on New1 tab
      6. Clicked Close
      7. Clicked on Imported Char

      This also happens if you replace the Import with a second New
      Character.

      java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 >= 1
      at PCGen.displayCombatTab
      at PCGen.pcTabControl_selectedIndexChanged
      at PCGen.playerTab_selectedIndexChanged
      at com/ms/wfc/core/EventHandler.invoke
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/TabBase.onSelectedIndexChanged
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/TabBase.wmSelChange
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/TabBase.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.callback
      at com/ms/wfc/win32/Windows.SendMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.sendMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.reflectMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wmNotify
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Form.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.callback
      at com/ms/wfc/win32/Windows.CallWindowProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.defWndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.defWndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.defWndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wmMouseDown
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/TabBase.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/ui/Control$ControlWindow.wndProc
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Window.callback
      at com/ms/wfc/win32/Windows.DispatchMessage
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Application$ThreadContext.runMessageLoop
      at com/ms/wfc/app/Application.run
      at PCGen.main

      John
    • David Cortijo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2001
        Another bug to go into the file. This one occurs when no campaign is
        selected and you go to the Classes tab in any character...

        com.ms.wfc.core.WFCInvalidArgumentException: '0' is not a valid value for
        at com/ms/wfc/ui/ListBox.setSelectedIndex
        at PCGen.displayClassTab
      • mocha@mcs.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2001
          John,
          thanks for finding those - I thought it highly probable that I
          broke something when I did a massive-rewiring last night. I'll
          add your bugs to my list (I suspect it's really just one bug,
          but we'll see). I'll try to put out a release tonight with all the
          bugs fixed and updates to the lst files (did you know I had
          Wall of Fire in there twice, only once it was supposed to be
          Wall of Ice? not to mention countless misspellings!).

          -Bryan

        • John Pyrich
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2001
            I just realized that I was one release behind in the program. The
            two bugs that I found were *before* the Combat tab was moved to the
            Main tab. I could not get the current version to fail, but that may
            be due to the fact that the character info is not on the Combat tab.

            Sorry for the possible misdirection.

            John

          • mocha@mcs.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2001
              --- In pcgen@egroups.com, "David Cortijo" <dcortijo@i...> wrote:
              > Another bug to go into the file. This one occurs when no campaign is
              > selected and you go to the Classes tab in any character...

              Yup - I discovered that myself. That is fixed in tonight's release.

              -Bryan