Re: [pcgen] Eclipse IDE Plugin

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2012
      Hi there,

      **

      > Hi!
      >
      > As a Java Developer, I've gotten used to using the Eclipse IDE for just
      > about any development I do.
      >
      > So, naturally, when I started to do dataset entry for my homebrew sets
      > (and later some SRD data entry for the community) I used eclipse as my IDE.
      >
      > However, I found it to become frustrating work to have to manually find
      > related data entry on the documentation, to have no (color coded) feedback
      > about my data entry, and to have to manually run prettylst and browse for
      > the listed error lines to check my data.
      >
      > So, I decided to build an Eclipse plugin.
      >
      > Unfortunately, other projects have started to ask for my attention, and
      > although I've come to the conclusion I will not finish a version that's
      > 100% up to my expectations.
      >
      > Since this is my first Eclipse plugin, it's somewhat rough.
      > The color coding is hard-coded, as are the help-file links, and on top of
      > that the help-file links do not always point to where they should. Also,
      > there is no documentation.....
      >
      > Having said all that: would you be interested in:
      > 1. The plugin so far? (it may help other data-monkeys who prefer to work
      > in eclipse)

      Yes!

      > 2. The project's code?

      Yes!

      > If 1, where/how would you like me to make it available?

      There is a folder which contains all of the syntax highlighting
      configurations for various IDEs/Text Editors, I think there is the logical
      place. The Eclipse marketplace is another useful global location.

      > If 2, where/how should I make it available?

      Not sure on that one, James? An opinion?

    • herzogaldilkassach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
        Just wanted to let you know your enthausiastic response has renewed my interest in getting this plugin up to (my own) standards.

        I'm working on it, and will place it in the suggested location once I'm satisfied or loose interest again.....

        That being said, I would still like to know whether you would be interested in the source code for this project and if so, where it should be committed to.

        Jasper Spaans
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
          Hi Jasper,

          Glad you're willing to undertake this!

          I'd suggest:

          pcgen_trunk/utilities/editor syntax/eclipse