Re: Problem

  • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2 12:11 AM
      NM, chalk itup to being over-tired. Forgot, character has to have
      base stat 10+ spell level to be able to cast that level of spell...

      Mynex
      The exhausted one

      --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

      > Something is very wrong with the spells avail/known
      >
      > a 20th level Cleric/Sorcerer can not have any 9th level spells
      >
      > I loaded all the source materials that were included with 2.1.3
      > (including SW stuff)
      >
      > Made a plain human with WIS/CHA of 18
      >
      > Went to spells, checked each level, some of the higher levels don't
      > look right either, but 9th level spells are definately missing for
      > characters to select.
      >
      > This is not my campaign, but straight from zip attempt at character
      > creation
      >
      > Mynex
    • Brass Tilde
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2 7:06 AM
        Not only that, but what combination of Cleric/Sorcerer is the character? If
        it's 19/1, 18/2 or 17/3, you should see 9th level spells for only the class
        that is 18 or above, but anything less than 17th class level shouldn't have
        any 9th level spells, right?

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2 8:53 AM
          yes, but I made both classes 20th level because I was trying to track
          down an error in my spell list file. Needed to see both Divine and
          Arcane. And actually, (now that I'm awake) a sorcerer gets spell
          levels 1 level later than a wizard does, so in sticking with only a
          20th (total) level character, it would be Sor18/Clr2 (Wiz17/Clr3)

          Mynex
          He who thinks he slept, but may have simply passed out

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@y...> wrote:
          > Not only that, but what combination of Cleric/Sorcerer is the
          character? If
          > it's 19/1, 18/2 or 17/3, you should see 9th level spells for only
          the class
          > that is 18 or above, but anything less than 17th class level
          shouldn't have
          > any 9th level spells, right?

        • mynex2k1
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2001
            There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This is
            being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed, I'll
            post it to the files section here on the groups.

            Mynex
          • zodar6
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
              I have fixed the file. Where do I post it?

              --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:

              > There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This
              is
              > being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed, I'll
              > post it to the files section here on the groups.
              >
              > Mynex
            • mynex2k1
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
                you found the spot I see, thanks. If someone else doesn't get it
                into CVS before I get off work, then I'll take care of it in the
                morning.

                Mynex

                --- In pcgen@y..., "zodar6" <zodar6@l...> wrote:
                > I have fixed the file. Where do I post it?
                >
                > --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:
                > >

                > > There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This
                > is
                > > being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed,
                I'll
                > > post it to the files section here on the groups.
                > >
                > > Mynex
              • Edward
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001
                  Ok I just downloaded the newest version and unzipped to my original
                  directory. Now when I launch the program I get the following error

                  ERROR:CC:\PCGen\system\schools.lst
                  Error
                  Exception type:jave.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\PCGen\236\system\schools.lst (The system cannot find the path
                  specified)

                  This is followed by a number of other errors all saying that it can not find
                  a file. Am I missing something here, sorry I'm not a programmer and know
                  nothing about it. I've already tried reinstalling the Java and that didn't
                  work.

                  Edward
                • merton_monk
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001
                    Yup - you'll need to delete the options.ini file before launching
                    PCGen to correct that problem.

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Edward" <eebuehler@h...> wrote:
                    > Ok I just downloaded the newest version and unzipped to my original
                    > directory. Now when I launch the program I get the following error
                    >
                    > ERROR:CC:\PCGen\system\schools.lst
                    > Error
                    > Exception type:jave.io.FileNotFoundException
                    > Message:C:\PCGen\236\system\schools.lst (The system cannot find the
                    path
                    > specified)
                    >
                    > This is followed by a number of other errors all saying that it can
                    not find
                    > a file. Am I missing something here, sorry I'm not a programmer and
                    know
                    > nothing about it. I've already tried reinstalling the Java and that
                    didn't
                    > work.
                    >
                    > Edward
                  • Edward
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001

                      Thanks, didn’t think of that one. Actually I finally just got it work by changing the path for some reason the program wanted me to create a subdirectory called “236” under C:\PCGen.  That was weird. Now for some reason whenever I leave the program it will not remember any of the options that I set before exiting. Any ideas on that one?

                      Edward

                    • cnickel1@ameritech.net
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 18, 2002
                        I may have a couple of problems with the shield
                        bash. First of all the equipment table only list
                        it as 1d3. A large shield is 1d4, this is a small
                        enough problem. I can edit it myself. The big
                        problem is the ability to use the bash and retain
                        the AC bonus of the shield. The feat shield expert
                        alows this, but when I equip the shield bash I do
                        not get the AC bonus even when I take the feat.
                        Another problem is that the program does not
                        calculate the attack bonus of the primary weapon
                        and the shield as if you are fighting with both
                        hands, even if the weapon is in the primary hand
                        and the shield is in the secondary hand. Any
                        advice?

                        Chris Nickel
                        cnickel1@...
                        Tolerant enough to listen
                        Intolerant enough to question
                      • ce_wheeler
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 23 9:50 AM
                          I am attempting to run PCGen 4.1.0 on a Windows 2000 machine. It
                          give me a message of illegal class info
                          playershbclasses.lst:9 "Fortitudecheck:G" when I start the program.
                          I was previously running PCGen 3.0 with no issues. Can someone
                          please help me out?
                        • gsbingl
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 23 10:29 AM
                            Ty moving/deleting the data/wotc directory. The name was changed to
                            wizardsofthecoast as we use publisher's names for all other
                            directories, so you'll have old version .lst files that are causing
                            this problem.

                            Byngl