No source material after 5.16.4 install.

  • pnigro2000
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2012
      I installed pcgen 5.16.4 onto a new 64 bit laptop running windows 7 and java 1.7 using the windows installer. When I start pcgen and use the advanced screen, the source material list in the left side panel is blank. It doesn't show standard sources or my custom sources that are configured through the pcgen vendor data directory preference.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2012
        5.16.4 does not work with Java 1.7, only Java 1.6.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 6 , May 11, 2012
          Thanks.

          > 5.16.4 does not work with Java 1.7, only Java 1.6.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)

          > On 5/8/2012 1:24 PM, pnigro2000 wrote:
          > > I installed pcgen 5.16.4 onto a new 64 bit laptop running windows 7 and java 1.7 using the windows installer. When I start pcgen and use the advanced screen, the source material list in the left side panel is blank. It doesn't show standard sources or my custom sources that are configured through the pcgen vendor data directory preference.

        • sir_lysander
          Message 4 of 6 , May 21, 2012
            Any plans or ETA for Java 1.7 compatibility?

            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2012
              5.17.11+, however that is not quite prime time ready. Still has some bugs.

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              Message 6 of 6 , May 22, 2012
                Thanks!

                Ain't it amazing how many things break on a Java update?