Awakened Animal Template Skill Distrobution Problem?

  • redfox_nightfox
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2012
      One of my friends showed me this program a few months ago, and I finally got around to taking a look at it today.

      I tried to make an awakened cat, but the skill tab showed that I had 8 total skill points to spend, (max rank 6/cross rank 3) but the skill level list showed

      Animal/1 [8/8]
      Animal/2 [2/2]
      Animal/3 [2/2]

      To keep from getting an error of spending too many points, I only spend the first 8. I add classes to this, it will mess up because of unspent animal class points, but if I use all the class points, the program says I have too many skill points used, with the total skill points left reading -4.

      What do I do? Do I just ignore this? Is there a step I'm missing to get that "skill points left" to acknowledge the other level's skill points?

      Any help would be appreciated.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2012
        PCGen version?
        Datasets loaded? (ie. Pathfinder, 3.5, 3.0. Modern, etc.)

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 6 , May 4, 2012
          Oh, sorry... PCGen version 5.16.4 (the latest one, according to the website) with 3.5e dataset loaded.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 5, 2012
            After messing around with the program some more over the course of several hours, I think I found a workaround fix. Instead of clicking "add monster/add kit" for creating the cat, I have to make it manually, and then add the "awaken animal" template.

            Before adding any skill points, I subtracted the 2 levels gained from the "awakened animal" template and then added them back, and the skill points reset correctly.

            Dunno why this works, but it does. Bit of a long way around to do though.
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5, 2012

              Submit a bug report please - jira.pcgen.org

              Thanks,

              Message 6 of 6 , May 5, 2012
                Thank you for the website to submit the bug report.