Re: Source files will not load

  • xOrionx
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1 2:20 PM
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "justinhonea71" <justinhonea71@...> wrote:

      > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
      >
      > Thank you for your time,
      >
      > Justin a.k.a. "Rune"

      I'm having this same issue as well. Thanks.
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1 2:43 PM
        Hi James,

        Can we update the wiki of common issues and the fixes?

        On 5/1/2012 2:41 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Ah in that case it must be OpenJDK, such as used on Linux. The solution
        > is the same.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.
        >
        > On 2/05/2012 7:18 AM Andrew wrote
        >> Hi James,
        >>
        >> His reply to me:
        >> I am currently using the latest update for Java 6.0.290 I am using PCgen version 5.16.4. I am using the Pathfinder sources and the DnD 3.5 Source loads. Both of which malfunction in the same area, the summary and description tabs work fine but not any other tab including the character sheet.
        >>

        >> On 5/1/2012 1:58 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
        >>> Hi Justin,
        >>>
        >>> On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
        >>> You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
        >>> get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
        >>> one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
        >>> PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
        >>>
        >>> Cheers,
        >>> James.

      • justinhonea71
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1 7:09 PM
          Hallelujah! Yes, the 5.17.12 works perfectly! Thank you for your time:) And btw, nice job updating it! Look cool and smooooooooth. xD

          > Hi Justin,
          >
          > On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
          > > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
          >
          > You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
          > get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
          > one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
          > PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1 8:44 PM
            Thanks Justin! Good to hear it is working and the feedback :)

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB

            On 2 May 2012 12:09, justinhonea71 <justinhonea71@...> wrote:

            > Hallelujah! Yes, the 5.17.12 works perfectly! Thank you for your time:)
            > And btw, nice job updating it! Look cool and smooooooooth. xD

            > > Hi Justin,
            > >
            > > On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
            > > > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i
            > got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any
            > other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in
            > the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are
            > listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on
            > my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not
            > then please direct me to the correct place.
            > >
            > > You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
            > > get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
            > > one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
            > > PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > James.

          • John Bauldree
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2 1:11 PM
              Is there a way to see what skills / feats were purchased at specific character level? Could that be set up if there isn't?

              Thanks,
              John