Problem

  • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1 11:57 PM
      Something is very wrong with the spells avail/known

      a 20th level Cleric/Sorcerer can not have any 9th level spells

      I loaded all the source materials that were included with 2.1.3
      (including SW stuff)

      Made a plain human with WIS/CHA of 18

      Went to spells, checked each level, some of the higher levels don't
      look right either, but 9th level spells are definately missing for
      characters to select.

      This is not my campaign, but straight from zip attempt at character
      creation

      Mynex
    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2 12:11 AM
        NM, chalk itup to being over-tired. Forgot, character has to have
        base stat 10+ spell level to be able to cast that level of spell...

        Mynex
        The exhausted one

        --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

        > Something is very wrong with the spells avail/known
        >
        > a 20th level Cleric/Sorcerer can not have any 9th level spells
        >
        > I loaded all the source materials that were included with 2.1.3
        > (including SW stuff)
        >
        > Made a plain human with WIS/CHA of 18
        >
        > Went to spells, checked each level, some of the higher levels don't
        > look right either, but 9th level spells are definately missing for
        > characters to select.
        >
        > This is not my campaign, but straight from zip attempt at character
        > creation
        >
        > Mynex
      • Brass Tilde
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2 7:06 AM
          Not only that, but what combination of Cleric/Sorcerer is the character? If
          it's 19/1, 18/2 or 17/3, you should see 9th level spells for only the class
          that is 18 or above, but anything less than 17th class level shouldn't have
          any 9th level spells, right?

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2 8:53 AM
            yes, but I made both classes 20th level because I was trying to track
            down an error in my spell list file. Needed to see both Divine and
            Arcane. And actually, (now that I'm awake) a sorcerer gets spell
            levels 1 level later than a wizard does, so in sticking with only a
            20th (total) level character, it would be Sor18/Clr2 (Wiz17/Clr3)

            Mynex
            He who thinks he slept, but may have simply passed out

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@y...> wrote:
            > Not only that, but what combination of Cleric/Sorcerer is the
            character? If
            > it's 19/1, 18/2 or 17/3, you should see 9th level spells for only
            the class
            > that is 18 or above, but anything less than 17th class level
            shouldn't have
            > any 9th level spells, right?

          • mynex2k1
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2001
              There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This is
              being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed, I'll
              post it to the files section here on the groups.

              Mynex
            • zodar6
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
                I have fixed the file. Where do I post it?

                --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:

                > There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This
                is
                > being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed, I'll
                > post it to the files section here on the groups.
                >
                > Mynex
              • mynex2k1
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 6, 2001
                  you found the spot I see, thanks. If someone else doesn't get it
                  into CVS before I get off work, then I'll take care of it in the
                  morning.

                  Mynex

                  --- In pcgen@y..., "zodar6" <zodar6@l...> wrote:
                  > I have fixed the file. Where do I post it?
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@y..., "mynex2k1" <mynex2k1@y...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > There is a problem with the Nightcloak PrC from Dragon 286. This
                  > is
                  > > being looked into. For now, don't load it. Once it's fixed,
                  I'll
                  > > post it to the files section here on the groups.
                  > >
                  > > Mynex
                • Edward
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001
                    Ok I just downloaded the newest version and unzipped to my original
                    directory. Now when I launch the program I get the following error

                    ERROR:CC:\PCGen\system\schools.lst
                    Error
                    Exception type:jave.io.FileNotFoundException
                    Message:C:\PCGen\236\system\schools.lst (The system cannot find the path
                    specified)

                    This is followed by a number of other errors all saying that it can not find
                    a file. Am I missing something here, sorry I'm not a programmer and know
                    nothing about it. I've already tried reinstalling the Java and that didn't
                    work.

                    Edward
                  • merton_monk
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001
                      Yup - you'll need to delete the options.ini file before launching
                      PCGen to correct that problem.

                      -Bryan

                      --- In pcgen@y..., "Edward" <eebuehler@h...> wrote:
                      > Ok I just downloaded the newest version and unzipped to my original
                      > directory. Now when I launch the program I get the following error
                      >
                      > ERROR:CC:\PCGen\system\schools.lst
                      > Error
                      > Exception type:jave.io.FileNotFoundException
                      > Message:C:\PCGen\236\system\schools.lst (The system cannot find the
                      path
                      > specified)
                      >
                      > This is followed by a number of other errors all saying that it can
                      not find
                      > a file. Am I missing something here, sorry I'm not a programmer and
                      know
                      > nothing about it. I've already tried reinstalling the Java and that
                      didn't
                      > work.
                      >
                      > Edward
                    • Edward
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 13, 2001

                        Thanks, didn’t think of that one. Actually I finally just got it work by changing the path for some reason the program wanted me to create a subdirectory called “236” under C:\PCGen.  That was weird. Now for some reason whenever I leave the program it will not remember any of the options that I set before exiting. Any ideas on that one?

                        Edward

                      • cnickel1@ameritech.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 18, 2002
                          I may have a couple of problems with the shield
                          bash. First of all the equipment table only list
                          it as 1d3. A large shield is 1d4, this is a small
                          enough problem. I can edit it myself. The big
                          problem is the ability to use the bash and retain
                          the AC bonus of the shield. The feat shield expert
                          alows this, but when I equip the shield bash I do
                          not get the AC bonus even when I take the feat.
                          Another problem is that the program does not
                          calculate the attack bonus of the primary weapon
                          and the shield as if you are fighting with both
                          hands, even if the weapon is in the primary hand
                          and the shield is in the secondary hand. Any
                          advice?

                          Chris Nickel
                          cnickel1@...
                          Tolerant enough to listen
                          Intolerant enough to question
                        • ce_wheeler
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 23 9:50 AM
                            I am attempting to run PCGen 4.1.0 on a Windows 2000 machine. It
                            give me a message of illegal class info
                            playershbclasses.lst:9 "Fortitudecheck:G" when I start the program.
                            I was previously running PCGen 3.0 with no issues. Can someone
                            please help me out?
                          • gsbingl
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 23 10:29 AM
                              Ty moving/deleting the data/wotc directory. The name was changed to
                              wizardsofthecoast as we use publisher's names for all other
                              directories, so you'll have old version .lst files that are causing
                              this problem.

                              Byngl