Source files will not load

  • justinhonea71
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2012
      Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.

      Thank you for your time,

      Justin a.k.a. "Rune"
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 30, 2012
        Hi Justin,

        This is the place. What version of PCGen are you using? which sources? and you mentioned new
        computer, which version of Java is it using?

        On 4/30/2012 4:55 PM, justinhonea71 wrote:
        > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
        >
        > Thank you for your time,
        >
        > Justin a.k.a. "Rune"

      • justinhonea71
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1 7:35 AM
          Thank you for the quick reply!

          I am currently using the latest update for Java 6.0.290 I am using PCgen version 5.16.4. I am using the Pathfinder sources and the DnD 3.5 Source loads. Both of which malfunction in the same area, the summary and description tabs work fine but not any other tab including the character sheet.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 1 1:20 PM

            Can you grab the latest version of pcgen and verify it still doesn't work for you?

            5.17.12... If you need companions and natural attacks, then grab 5.17.10

            On 5/1/2012 7:35 AM, justinhonea71 wrote:
            > Thank you for the quick reply!
            >
            > I am currently using the latest update for Java 6.0.290 I am using PCgen version 5.16.4. I am using the Pathfinder sources and the DnD 3.5 Source loads. Both of which malfunction in the same area, the summary and description tabs work fine but not any other tab including the character sheet.

            >> Hi Justin,
            >>
            >> This is the place. What version of PCGen are you using? which sources? and you mentioned new
            >> computer, which version of Java is it using?
            >>
            >> On 4/30/2012 4:55 PM, justinhonea71 wrote:
            >>> Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
            >>>
            >>> Thank you for your time,
            >>>
            >>> Justin a.k.a. "Rune"

            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>>

            >> --
            >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • James Dempsey
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1 1:58 PM
              Hi Justin,

              On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
              > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.

              You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
              get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
              one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
              PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.

              Cheers,
              James.
              Message 6 of 12 , May 1 2:18 PM
                Hi James,

                His reply to me:

                On 5/1/2012 1:58 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
                > Hi Justin,
                >
                > On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
                >> Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
                > You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
                > get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
                > one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
                > PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > James.

              • xOrionx
                Message 7 of 12 , May 1 2:20 PM
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "justinhonea71" <justinhonea71@...> wrote:

                  > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
                  >
                  > Thank you for your time,
                  >
                  > Justin a.k.a. "Rune"

                  I'm having this same issue as well. Thanks.
                • James Dempsey
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 1 2:41 PM
                    Hi

                    Ah in that case it must be OpenJDK, such as used on Linux. The solution
                    is the same.

                    Cheers,
                    James.

                    On 2/05/2012 7:18 AM Andrew wrote

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 1 2:43 PM
                      Hi James,

                      Can we update the wiki of common issues and the fixes?

                      On 5/1/2012 2:41 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
                      > Hi
                      >
                      > Ah in that case it must be OpenJDK, such as used on Linux. The solution
                      > is the same.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > James.
                      >
                      > On 2/05/2012 7:18 AM Andrew wrote
                      >> Hi James,
                      >>
                      >> His reply to me:
                      >> I am currently using the latest update for Java 6.0.290 I am using PCgen version 5.16.4. I am using the Pathfinder sources and the DnD 3.5 Source loads. Both of which malfunction in the same area, the summary and description tabs work fine but not any other tab including the character sheet.
                      >>

                      >> On 5/1/2012 1:58 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
                      >>> Hi Justin,
                      >>>
                      >>> On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
                      >>> You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
                      >>> get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
                      >>> one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
                      >>> PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
                      >>>
                      >>> Cheers,
                      >>> James.

                    • justinhonea71
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 1 7:09 PM
                        Hallelujah! Yes, the 5.17.12 works perfectly! Thank you for your time:) And btw, nice job updating it! Look cool and smooooooooth. xD

                        > Hi Justin,
                        >
                        > On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
                        > > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not then please direct me to the correct place.
                        >
                        > You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
                        > get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
                        > one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
                        > PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > James.

                      • James Dempsey
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 1 8:44 PM
                          Thanks Justin! Good to hear it is working and the feedback :)

                          Cheers,
                          James Dempsey
                          PCGen Code SB

                          On 2 May 2012 12:09, justinhonea71 <justinhonea71@...> wrote:

                          > Hallelujah! Yes, the 5.17.12 works perfectly! Thank you for your time:)
                          > And btw, nice job updating it! Look cool and smooooooooth. xD

                          > > Hi Justin,
                          > >
                          > > On 1/05/2012 9:55 AM justinhonea71 wrote
                          > > > Help! I've been using PCgen for months and never had a problem. Then i
                          > got a new computer. Suddenly when I use PCgen it works until I click any
                          > other tab but the "summary" tab. There is nothing but a grey background in
                          > the place where skills, equipment, domain, spells, etc. normally are
                          > listed. I have the latest Java and fulfill all requirements to use PCgen on
                          > my computer. I don't know if this is the right group to ask so if its not
                          > then please direct me to the correct place.
                          > >
                          > > You must be running Java 7 on your new computer. You have two options to
                          > > get PCGen working grab the latest alpha, 5.17.12 (and we'll have a new
                          > > one out on the weekend), or downgrade from Java 7 to Java 6. Versions of
                          > > PCGen prior to 5.17.11 were not compatible with Java 7.
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,
                          > > James.

                        • John Bauldree
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 2 1:11 PM
                            Is there a way to see what skills / feats were purchased at specific character level? Could that be set up if there isn't?

                            Thanks,
                            John