Re:[pcgen] Re: [OT]This is a little alarming

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2012
      On Apr 26, 2012 2:54 AM, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:
      > It's alarming because of everyone involved I "believe" that Monte was one
      > of the major proponents of the OGL. If he's having "differences of opinion
      > with the company", and it's NOT with his fellow designers. Then that makes
      > me a little worried.

      If you've already given up on WotC, and decided that you're probably not
      ever going to buy their role playing output ever again then it's a bit ho
      hum.

      I don't like 4th edition, I really don't like the way WotC treated their
      fan base
      during its introduction. Given that Monte's differences aren't with the
      other designers, it looks to me like the company hasn't changed. Having
      said that,
      that's pure speculation on my part. We don't really know why Monte's
      decided to part ways with them–again!

      I'll still look at 5th (Next, whatever) when they release it, but I'm going
      to be
      difficult to convince. There are lots of other companies I'd rather give my
      money/mind share to.

      I don't think this is publisher bashing and I don't want to start that, so
      I'll
      say no more. Apologies if it comes over that way.

      andrew