Re: PCGen 2.1.3 is available

  • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
      Try it again, now. Sometimes it takes a little while for all the
      files and links to sync up. I just D\L'd it without any problems.

      -Lone Jedi
      (Jason)

    • dennis@horsethieves.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
        Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a Mac?
        Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the MacOS
        does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+

        Thanks for your support!

        Dennis Stanley
        dennis@...

        > Features
        > 457401 Mac Version
        > 457405 Mac Version!!
      • Eric Statz
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
          --- In pcgen@y..., dennis@h... wrote:
          > Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a Mac?
          > Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the
          MacOS
          > does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+
          >
          > Thanks for your support!
          >
          > Dennis Stanley
          > dennis@h...
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., merton_monk@y... wrote:
          > > Features
          > > 457401 Mac Version
          > > 457405 Mac Version!!

          You java 2, which is unavailable for mac os 9.x (blame apple for that
          one). It runs perfectly fine out of box on OS X, just dl the zip
          file, and double click on the .jar file. (if that doesn't work, try
          launching it with a 'java -jar pcgen.jar' from the terminal.

          -Eric
        • Lonestar
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
            The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
            Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

            Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
          • merton_monk@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
              Bummer! Sorry about that. I assumed that one had been nailed - for
              some reason the skill code must not be using the same method to check
              for proficiency as the Equipment tab.

              -Bryan

            • merton_monk@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

                Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                to be working properly.

                -Bryan
              • Mark Hulsman
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                  > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                  > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                  >
                  > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                  > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                  > to be working properly.

                  Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting a bug
                  about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not working
                  correctly.
                • Lonestar
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                    Hi Bryan,

                    Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:

                    myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                    >> The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                    >> Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

                    myc> Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                    myc> what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                    myc> to be working properly.

                    myc> -Bryan

                    Make a new char.
                    Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                    has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only get
                    at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                    saved in the .pcg file.

                    Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                      --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                      > > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                      > > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                      > >
                      > > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still
                      exists,
                      > > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of
                      seem
                      > > to be working properly.
                      >
                      > Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting
                      a bug
                      > about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not
                      working
                      > correctly.

                      When I read his email I assumed it was skills related (I thought that
                      was part of the bug), but obviously that wasn't correct. Since I
                      can't recall the details of the bug now, and I can't find one like
                      this at sourceforge, I'd like someone to fill me in on what bug
                      exactly he's referring to (more importantly, how to recreate it...)

                      -Bryan
                    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                        --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                        > Hi Bryan,
                        >
                        > Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                        >
                        > Make a new char.
                        > Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                        > has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                        get
                        > at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                        > saved in the .pcg file.

                        Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                        I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                        can you tell me the #?

                        -Bryan
                      • Lonestar
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                          Hi Bryan,

                          Monday, September 03, 2001, 4:44:05 AM, you wrote:

                          myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                          >> Hi Bryan,
                          >>
                          >> Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Make a new char.
                          >> Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                          >> has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                          myc> get
                          >> at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                          >> saved in the .pcg file.

                          myc> Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                          myc> I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                          myc> can you tell me the #?

                          Hmm, I don't see it in sourceforge and I didn't enter it there.
                          I just reported it here and obviously got ignored once again... :-|
                          Strange, but it seems I have to repost everything at least once for
                          someone to read it ;)

                          Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                        • Joe Crow
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                            Didn't PCGen used to run on OS X anyway? So nothing's
                            changed, then?

                            --Joe Crow
                            -Everything I need to know about life I learned by killing smart
                            people and eating their brains.-

                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                              Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                              which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run on
                              OS 9.

                              -Eric
                            • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                                --- In pcgen@y..., "Eric Statz" <eric_statz@y...> wrote:
                                > Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                                > which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run
                                on
                                > OS 9.

                                Well - it can run under Virtual PC. For some reason apple, a
                                licensed java distributor, decided not to support anything beyond
                                java 1.1.8 on it's pre-OS X platforms. It's their way to force
                                everyone on to OS X, I suppose, but that seems like an awfully
                                microsoftish tactic. I think someone had just gone through old bugs
                                and features and closed some out that had obviously been addressed -
                                in this case it had been addressed as much as we have control over.

                                -Bryan