Updating "owned" content, ie CMP

  • Robbie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 4:38 AM
      Greetings!

      I've been out of the loop for a few versions, but recent interest among friends has me digging out my books and programs again. Looking things over, and trying to get the gist of where its all at, I found the conversion notes about bringing datasets up to the current standards. I didn't have any luck with them, not at all sure why...but that's not really the question.

      What are the reasons for bringing the datasets up to current standards? They still seem to function. But I am probably missing something.

      I assume, if I am actually looking for help on this, I should ask at the PCGen-List file help group?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20 12:42 PM

        Updating sets brings them to the newer standards - which means more stability, and more usability
        factor.

        The older code had some issues, so bringing to newer standards does mean your character is likely to
        work properly.

        What exactly did you encounter an issue with?