Re: [pcgen] Re: New Dataset

  • Jonathan Thompson
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 19, 2012
      Yes, this. :-) Its a great program....wish I had time to write more code
      for it . :-)

      On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > In all fairness, you can create a data set for any book. We just can't
      > make it and release it as
      > part of the pcgen main release.
      >
      > So, don't let that stop you in any shape or form. A homebrew doesn't need
      > to abide by any license
      > requirements, it's for your own personal use. That has always been the
      > case.
      >
      > Anyways, I hope I've illustrated what you'll need to do. If you need
      > specific pointers you know
      > where to find the data monkeys ;)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >

      > On 4/19/2012 7:52 PM, Jonathan Thompson wrote:
      > > As far as I am aware, they are not defunct either....especially with the
      > > release of L5R 4th edition. The d20 version was done as a licensed deal,
      > > and AEG published the d20 Rouken and all its sourcebooks. So, AEG is not
      > > defunct either.
      > >
      > > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM, thepeddy <the_peddy@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> **
      >

      > >> I should clarify a bit, the d10 system of the game is now defunct as the
      > >> third edition converted it to a d20 based system and the original
      > publisher
      > >> later sold the rights to the d20 system to another company who kept the
      > >> setting but changed the name and some rules. To my knowledge the
      > original
      > >> publisher was green ronin press, who now makes Mutants and Masterminds.
      > The
      > >> original system was the Legend of The 5 Rings, after the third edition
      > it
      > >> was bought out by Wizards of The Coast and converted to the Oriental
      > >> Adventures Campaign setting. The dataset I want to create is based on
      > the
      > >> second edition ruleset.

      > >> Jon. Been missing you hanging

      > >> Angel) are still very much alive and no where near defunct

      > >> the Licensing aspects:
      > >> be attempting to support?
      > >> are not 'defunct').
      > >> they're not in business any longer)
      > >> of those).
      > >> And then a Weapon takes the
      > >> your d10 roll. (I'm going off
      > >> Demonhunter)

      > >> require a lot of effort? Most
      > >> finally, you'll need to make a
      > >> primarily d20 character sheet

      > >> gamemode would take about 10 minutes,
      > >> minutes, depending on how many
      > >> abilities to replicate the
      > >> inbuilt leveling mechanism, so

      > >> experienced and know what to do.
      > >> make a character sheet from...

      > >> over on the List File Help Group

      > >> wanted to know if this program can support a d10 system game, that
      > works on
      > >> a points buy system for both creation and levelling. To my knowledge
      > there
      > >> should not be any problem with licensing as both the game system and
      > it's
      > >> publisher are now defunct.

      > >> http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

> [...]

      Jonathan M. Thompson
      Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions
      thompsonjm@...
      Follow me on Twitter @RaiderDragon
      Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
      (OGL/Savage Worlds) | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never
      were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan