PCGen 2.1.3 is available

  • merton_monk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
      These are the Bugs and Features that were closed out during the
      development of 2.1.3. If you reported a bug/feature in this list,
      please help verify that it is working correctly. And as always,
      remember the lederhosen.

      Bugs
      448442 DarkSide exception
      457468 Closing rightmost PC tab causes errors
      457295 Add dmg errata
      451001 AC check penalty problem
      457091 Crash adding feats with ) in name
      455247 PRESKILL doesn't work right
      456904 Master Alchemist Prestige
      439052 Star Wars Defense progression wrong
      456703 Defense Bonus bad on SW CSheets
      456191 Percentage option for HP doesnt work
      456661 Psychic Warrior no longer has spells
      456381 SOURCE tag broken in pcc files (2.1.2)
      456379 Data can migrate between PCs
      455944 Trying to get these files to work.

      Features
      457401 Mac Version
      457405 Mac Version!!
      447369 Skill Filter addition for readability
      450551 Star Wars force pts/Darkside pts
      419413 Set UDAM tag for racial attacks

      The PCGen Development Team (now with a portal to the negative
      material plane!)
    • wolfbat@smyrnacable.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
        > These are the Bugs and Features that were closed out during the
        > development of 2.1.3. If you reported a bug/feature in this list,
        > please help verify that it is working correctly. And as always,
        > remember the lederhosen.

        I can't seem to D/L it, on sourceforge its saying there is no file
        were I usually click to get the program.
      • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 1, 2001
          Try it again, now. Sometimes it takes a little while for all the
          files and links to sync up. I just D\L'd it without any problems.

          -Lone Jedi
          (Jason)

        • dennis@horsethieves.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
            Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a Mac?
            Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the MacOS
            does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+

            Thanks for your support!

            Dennis Stanley
            dennis@...

            > Features
            > 457401 Mac Version
            > 457405 Mac Version!!
          • Eric Statz
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., dennis@h... wrote:
              > Does anything special need to be done to use PCGen on a Mac?
              > Different .zip file or anything like that? What version of the
              MacOS
              > does this support? MacOS 9+ or MacOS X 10+
              >
              > Thanks for your support!
              >
              > Dennis Stanley
              > dennis@h...
              >
              > --- In pcgen@y..., merton_monk@y... wrote:
              > > Features
              > > 457401 Mac Version
              > > 457405 Mac Version!!

              You java 2, which is unavailable for mac os 9.x (blame apple for that
              one). It runs perfectly fine out of box on OS X, just dl the zip
              file, and double click on the .jar file. (if that doesn't work, try
              launching it with a 'java -jar pcgen.jar' from the terminal.

              -Eric
            • Lonestar
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

                Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
              • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                  Bummer! Sorry about that. I assumed that one had been nailed - for
                  some reason the skill code must not be using the same method to check
                  for proficiency as the Equipment tab.

                  -Bryan

                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                    --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                    > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                    > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

                    Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                    what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                    to be working properly.

                    -Bryan
                  • Mark Hulsman
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                      > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                      > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                      >
                      > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                      > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                      > to be working properly.

                      Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting a bug
                      about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not working
                      correctly.
                    • Lonestar
                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                        Hi Bryan,

                        Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:

                        myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                        >> The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                        >> Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?

                        myc> Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still exists,
                        myc> what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of seem
                        myc> to be working properly.

                        myc> -Bryan

                        Make a new char.
                        Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                        has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only get
                        at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                        saved in the .pcg file.

                        Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                          --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
                          > > > The FEATAUTO-Bug still exists.
                          > > > Didn't someone say its gonna be corrected for v2.1.3?
                          > >
                          > > Hm... the skill code is correct. When you say the bug still
                          exists,
                          > > what scenario are you using? All of the scenarios I'm aware of
                          seem
                          > > to be working properly.
                          >
                          > Ummm Bryan, he said that the bug STILL exists, he as not reporting
                          a bug
                          > about the SKILL tab. I think he means the feat auto tag is not
                          working
                          > correctly.

                          When I read his email I assumed it was skills related (I thought that
                          was part of the bug), but obviously that wasn't correct. Since I
                          can't recall the details of the bug now, and I can't find one like
                          this at sourceforge, I'd like someone to fill me in on what bug
                          exactly he's referring to (more importantly, how to recreate it...)

                          -Bryan
                        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 2, 2001
                            --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                            > Hi Bryan,
                            >
                            > Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                            >
                            > Make a new char.
                            > Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                            > has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                            get
                            > at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                            > saved in the .pcg file.

                            Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                            I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                            can you tell me the #?

                            -Bryan
                          • Lonestar
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                              Hi Bryan,

                              Monday, September 03, 2001, 4:44:05 AM, you wrote:

                              myc> --- In pcgen@y..., Lonestar <Lonestar@l...> wrote:
                              >> Hi Bryan,
                              >>
                              >> Monday, September 03, 2001, 2:42:12 AM, you wrote:
                              >>
                              >> Make a new char.
                              >> Make him level 1 monk, check the Feats tab. You'll see that the char
                              >> has the Deflect Arrow and Improved Trip feats which he should only
                              myc> get
                              >> at higher levels. Those feats are also exported on char sheets and
                              >> saved in the .pcg file.

                              myc> Ah - that's right. Is this entered as a bug at sourceforge? Maybe
                              myc> I'm just not seeing it - if it's not, can you enter it? If it is -
                              myc> can you tell me the #?

                              Hmm, I don't see it in sourceforge and I didn't enter it there.
                              I just reported it here and obviously got ignored once again... :-|
                              Strange, but it seems I have to repost everything at least once for
                              someone to read it ;)

                              Lonestar mailto:Lonestar@...
                            • Joe Crow
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 3, 2001
                                Didn't PCGen used to run on OS X anyway? So nothing's
                                changed, then?

                                --Joe Crow
                                -Everything I need to know about life I learned by killing smart
                                people and eating their brains.-

                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                                  Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                                  which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run on
                                  OS 9.

                                  -Eric
                                • merton_monk@yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Sep 4, 2001
                                    --- In pcgen@y..., "Eric Statz" <eric_statz@y...> wrote:
                                    > Yeah, nothings changed. Someone had added bug reports about it,
                                    > which were summarily closed. There's no hope of getting it to run
                                    on
                                    > OS 9.

                                    Well - it can run under Virtual PC. For some reason apple, a
                                    licensed java distributor, decided not to support anything beyond
                                    java 1.1.8 on it's pre-OS X platforms. It's their way to force
                                    everyone on to OS X, I suppose, but that seems like an awfully
                                    microsoftish tactic. I think someone had just gone through old bugs
                                    and features and closed some out that had obviously been addressed -
                                    in this case it had been addressed as much as we have control over.

                                    -Bryan