Re: [pcgen] Re: Off-hand weapon

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
      Timothy,

      Quoting Timothy Reaves (treaves@...):
      > When I equip an offhand weapon, it shows full bonus for attacks; how do I
      > get it to adjust both the primary and secondary weapon? I'd think this
      > would be automatic, so I'm wondering if I've done something incorrectly?
      > [...]
      > Why isn't this automatically handled? Just a mater of resources to
      > implement?

      I am very glad about the way it is handled. Do you switch to another
      character sheet whenever your character gets disarmed, or chooses to ignore
      the weapon in his off hand for a round?
      I do my gaming without the walls created by laptop screens between the
      players. We use printed character sheets. And on those sheets I need the
      figures for the options my character has, or at least those most likely to
      be used. So I need the figures for two-weapon fighting aswell as those for
      single attacks with only one of those weapons.

      Susan
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
        > We use printed character sheets. And on those sheets I need the
        > figures for the options my character has, or at least those most likely to
        be
        > used. So I need the figures for two-weapon fighting aswell as those for
        single
        > attacks with only one of those weapons.

        Yep. Exactly the reason the weapon block displays were created way back
        then (gods, was it really almost 10 years ago????).

        <History>
        It started because I had a ranger who usually used TWF, but occasionally
        lost or broke a weapon and it was a pain to re-figure numbers on the fly at
        the table. As I was Silverback of the Output Sheet work at that time, I put
        my idea to change it forth to the community and the majority favored a
        change to make as many options as possible available for quick use. Then
        followed months of tag/token creation/rework with the code team to get the
        code in place and then a couple months of experimentation with the layout
        (in two formats too... html and pdf) to get it all to fit in as small a
        space as possible while still being legible/useful.
        </History>

        Of all the things I've done in my time with PCGen, that one (in my eyes)
        still ranks as my top contribution.

        Barak
      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
          Quoting Barak (barak@...):
          > Of all the things I've done in my time with PCGen, that one (in my eyes)
          > still ranks as my top contribution.

          Considering all the glimpses at your work I got from lurking here, I think
          you do quite some of your contributions misfavor by ranking them lower. But
          I agree, this weapon block, though it takes getting used to, is very very
          handy. In fact, it is one of the reasons why I use PCGen.

          Susan