Problems with Polearm Master archetype

  • Hemblenod
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012
      Hello everyone,

      I'm using PCGen v.5.16.4. on a Macintosh with Mac osx 10.6.8., with the
      Pathfinder RPG rules from Paizo.

      My character is a Level 1 Fighter (Polearm Master), and he attacks with
      a bardiche.

      He has Polearm Training (Advanced Player's Guide, p. 106):

      Polearm Training (Ex): A polearm master gains a
      +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with spears and
      polearms. The bonus increases by +1 for every four levels
      beyond 5th. This ability replaces weapon training 1.

      But in my output sheet (csheet_fantasy_simple_blackandwhite.xslt), in
      the armament section, the bonus on attack and damage rolls for polearm
      training is not taken into account.

      It should read 2H, Bonus +5, Dam 1d10+5.
      But it reads 2H, Bonus +4, Dam 1d10+4.

      And the Reach of the bardiche is listed as 5 ft., but it should be 10
      ft. (I think).

      How can this be fixed ?

      Thanks for the information, and for PCGen [:)] !

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2012

        On 4/7/2012 7:18 PM, Hemblenod wrote:
        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I'm using PCGen v.5.16.4. on a Macintosh with Mac osx 10.6.8., with the
        > Pathfinder RPG rules from Paizo.
        >
        > My character is a Level 1 Fighter (Polearm Master), and he attacks with
        > a bardiche.
        >
        > He has Polearm Training (Advanced Player's Guide, p. 106):
        >
        > Polearm Training (Ex): A polearm master gains a
        > +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with spears and
        > polearms. The bonus increases by +1 for every four levels
        > beyond 5th. This ability replaces weapon training 1.
        >
        > But in my output sheet (csheet_fantasy_simple_blackandwhite.xslt), in
        > the armament section, the bonus on attack and damage rolls for polearm
        > training is not taken into account.
        >
        > It should read 2H, Bonus +5, Dam 1d10+5.
        > But it reads 2H, Bonus +4, Dam 1d10+4.
        >
        > And the Reach of the bardiche is listed as 5 ft., but it should be 10
        > ft. (I think).
        >
        > How can this be fixed ?

        1) Sounds like a bug. If you'd please open a JIRA, Data Bug. Someone can investigate it.
        2) The Polearms should be the correct reach, I think a couple are only 5 ft. If you can double check
        that is incorrect, then open the JIRA and the page reference.

        Cheers,