Re: [pcgen] Consuming a potion?

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2012
      On 06/04/2012 02:22, Timothy Reaves wrote:
      > What is the correct way to consume a potion, to remove it from inventory?
      > I'm using 5.17.12.

      totally non-PCGen method, but very easy on the record keeping side of
      things:
      I've given up keeping consumables on the character sheet and leave that
      for long-term items only.

      I hand out small (visiting-card sized(*)) tokens for consumables:
      scrolls, potions, wands,..
      When a PC consumes a potion or reads a scroll, they hand it back to me (GM).
      Easy record-keeping (noneĀ¬!) and the players seem to feel it adds
      verisimilitude to the notion of "consuming" the item!

      For Wands, I provide a card with 50 check-boxes, and have them check off
      one each time it's used.

      (potions, wands and scrolls weigh so little I don't worry about the
      encumbrance side of things)

      (*our keenest PC Wizard's player has one of those wallets you can buy
      for visiting cards, and keeps his stash of scrolls and potions in that,
      for handy reference and easy access!)

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
    • otiendikil
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
        Hi James,

        I didn't find this as a JIRA new feature request. Did you file one? I think this would be very useful, not only for consuming potions and the like but for using up any limited resource, like arrows or coins.

        I don't know how it would work across several equipment profiles, though.

        Thanks, Matt

        PS--I hope resurrecting old thread is OK if they haven't been resolved...

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey wrote:

        > Hi Timothy,
        >
        > On 6/04/2012 11:22 AM Timothy Reaves wrote
        > > What is the correct way to consume a potion, to remove it from inventory?
        > > I'm using 5.17.12.
        > For now, unequip one of the potion from the equipping tab, then switch
        > to the purchase tab, select the Cashless buy/sell rate and sell a single
        > potion. I think what we should be providing is a right click on the
        > equipping tab called Consume which does all that for you.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James.

      • otiendikil
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
          Thanks, Neil,
          Non-PCGen, but that sounds like a fun and foolproof method.
          Matt