Re: Off-hand weapon

  • Timothy Reaves
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
      O.K., I see where the various adjustments are shown.

      On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Timothy Reaves <treaves@...>wrote:

      > When I equip an offhand weapon, it shows full bonus for attacks; how do I
      > get it to adjust both the primary and secondary weapon? I'd think this
      > would be automatic, so I'm wondering if I've done something incorrectly?
      > I'm using 5.17.12

    • Timothy Reaves
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
        Why isn't this automatically handled? Just a mater of resources to
        implement?

        On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Timothy Reaves <treaves@...>wrote:

        > O.K., I see where the various adjustments are shown.
        >

        > On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Timothy Reaves <treaves@...>wrote:
        >
        >> When I equip an offhand weapon, it shows full bonus for attacks; how do I
        >> get it to adjust both the primary and secondary weapon? I'd think this
        >> would be automatic, so I'm wondering if I've done something incorrectly?
        >> I'm using 5.17.12

      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
          Timothy,

          Quoting Timothy Reaves (treaves@...):
          > When I equip an offhand weapon, it shows full bonus for attacks; how do I
          > get it to adjust both the primary and secondary weapon? I'd think this
          > would be automatic, so I'm wondering if I've done something incorrectly?
          > [...]
          > Why isn't this automatically handled? Just a mater of resources to
          > implement?

          I am very glad about the way it is handled. Do you switch to another
          character sheet whenever your character gets disarmed, or chooses to ignore
          the weapon in his off hand for a round?
          I do my gaming without the walls created by laptop screens between the
          players. We use printed character sheets. And on those sheets I need the
          figures for the options my character has, or at least those most likely to
          be used. So I need the figures for two-weapon fighting aswell as those for
          single attacks with only one of those weapons.

          Susan
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
            > We use printed character sheets. And on those sheets I need the
            > figures for the options my character has, or at least those most likely to
            be
            > used. So I need the figures for two-weapon fighting aswell as those for
            single
            > attacks with only one of those weapons.

            Yep. Exactly the reason the weapon block displays were created way back
            then (gods, was it really almost 10 years ago????).

            <History>
            It started because I had a ranger who usually used TWF, but occasionally
            lost or broke a weapon and it was a pain to re-figure numbers on the fly at
            the table. As I was Silverback of the Output Sheet work at that time, I put
            my idea to change it forth to the community and the majority favored a
            change to make as many options as possible available for quick use. Then
            followed months of tag/token creation/rework with the code team to get the
            code in place and then a couple months of experimentation with the layout
            (in two formats too... html and pdf) to get it all to fit in as small a
            space as possible while still being legible/useful.
            </History>

            Of all the things I've done in my time with PCGen, that one (in my eyes)
            still ranks as my top contribution.

            Barak
          • Susan Dittmar
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
              Quoting Barak (barak@...):
              > Of all the things I've done in my time with PCGen, that one (in my eyes)
              > still ranks as my top contribution.

              Considering all the glimpses at your work I got from lurking here, I think
              you do quite some of your contributions misfavor by ranking them lower. But
              I agree, this weapon block, though it takes getting used to, is very very
              handy. In fact, it is one of the reasons why I use PCGen.

              Susan