Re: Character Sheet versus Statblock

  • Kevin Chenevert
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      Sorry to reply to my own post but after looking closer at the two
      export files I noticed that the stat block "Atk" corresponds to
      the "base attack bonus" of the character sheet (without the strength
      or dexterity modifiers). Shouldn't it include the ability modifiers?

      "Kevin Chenevert" <kc@b...> wrote:
      ...I noticed that the base melee attack modifier was different on the
      statblock than what was shown on the character sheet.

      Kevin Chenevert
      www.lyonstudio.com
    • Kevin Chenevert
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
        I did not notice anyone respond to this when I posted it earlier but
        the csheetstatblock.html template incorretly calculates the attack.
        It only bases it on the characters level and does not adjust for
        ability scores. I would appreciate if someone added this to things
        to do.

        Kevin Chenevert
        www.lyonstudio.com
      • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
          I'll take care of this one. Had to do the same thing for the
          psheetCombat.htm file. I also noticed that this is the ONLY template
          with an "html" extension, instead of ".htm" so I'll change that while
          I'm at it.

          -Lone Jedi
          (Jason)

        • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
            Oh yeah, I suppose I could tell you what to do to fix it while you
            wait for the next release...

            First, change the filename from csheetstatblock.html to
            csheetstatblock.htm (notice the removal of the last character). This
            isn't essential, but all the HTML template files "should" have the
            same extension.

            Second, load the file into a text editor and look for the text:
            Atk = |ATTACK.MELEE| melee, |ATTACK.RANGED| ranged;
            and change it to:
            Atk = |ATTACK.MELEE.TOTAL| melee, |ATTACK.RANGED.TOTAL| ranged;

            -Lone Jedi
            (Jason)