Character Sheet versus Statblock

  • Kevin Chenevert
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      I created a character then exported to a character sheet and also a
      stat block. I noticed that the base melee attack modifier was
      different on the statblock than what was shown on the character
      sheet. Has anyone else noticed this?

      Kevin Chenevert
      www.lyonstudio.com
    • Kevin Chenevert
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
        Sorry to reply to my own post but after looking closer at the two
        export files I noticed that the stat block "Atk" corresponds to
        the "base attack bonus" of the character sheet (without the strength
        or dexterity modifiers). Shouldn't it include the ability modifiers?

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
          I did not notice anyone respond to this when I posted it earlier but
          the csheetstatblock.html template incorretly calculates the attack.
          It only bases it on the characters level and does not adjust for
          ability scores. I would appreciate if someone added this to things
          to do.

          Kevin Chenevert
          www.lyonstudio.com
        • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
            I'll take care of this one. Had to do the same thing for the
            psheetCombat.htm file. I also noticed that this is the ONLY template
            with an "html" extension, instead of ".htm" so I'll change that while
            I'm at it.

            -Lone Jedi
            (Jason)

          • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 7, 2001
              Oh yeah, I suppose I could tell you what to do to fix it while you
              wait for the next release...

              First, change the filename from csheetstatblock.html to
              csheetstatblock.htm (notice the removal of the last character). This
              isn't essential, but all the HTML template files "should" have the
              same extension.

              Second, load the file into a text editor and look for the text:
              Atk = |ATTACK.MELEE| melee, |ATTACK.RANGED| ranged;
              and change it to:
              Atk = |ATTACK.MELEE.TOTAL| melee, |ATTACK.RANGED.TOTAL| ranged;

              -Lone Jedi
              (Jason)