Help with starting PCGen

  • Michael Hahn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
      I just downloaded PCGen. I am trying to run it using the PCGen.bat file,
      but it constantly gives me this error:

      Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The specified
      path is invalid
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:110)
      at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:115)
      at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:57)

      I've checked, and the file structure matches what's listed on the
      Troubleshooting page, with one notable exception. I seem to be missing
      the pcgen.ini file. Is the file built if it's not found, or is this the
      source of my problems?

      Michael Hahn
      http://users.csionline.net/~silver
      "Life is what happens in between plans."
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
        What OS are you using? Try double-clicking on the file pcgen.jar.
        pcgen.ini is not a required file - it will be created the first time
        you run & quit from pcgen (your preferences are saved there). Are you
        double-clicking on a file inside of winzip? Don't do that - double
        click on the file after you've extracted it to a real directory.

        -Bryan