Re: [pcgen] Re: Should we rename Companion to Party?

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 12, 2012

      I'd vote for the change as we already have a 'Companions' box that displays when you have a Master
      w/ Familiar, Psi Crystal, Animal Companion, Special Mount or any other defined companion/master
      relationship in the actual code.

      Having two entries with the same name is 'confusing' or as Tom would say - 'ambiguous'. Especially
      when you have someone that doesn't know this and tries to explain a problem. And since I'm the one
      handling OS block issues, avoiding any duplicate naming issues would be nice.

      I like James' idea of making your own nameable fields. :) So 2nd for that idea.

      On 3/12/2012 5:43 AM, FerretDave wrote:
      > companions / party - makes no real difference either way, means the same thing. I'd leave it as is.

      >> Hi Ragabash,
      >>
      >> That's a good point and it led me to think of a third option.
      >>
      >> We could do away with the MISC.x output and move these notes fields into
      >> the general notes system, where you can add custom titles and text to
      >> each note. They appear the same in the UI and most output sheets will
      >> grab the MISC entries and follow them with the custom notes. The Bio,
      >> Description, Companions, Magic Items then just become suggestions and
      >> each person can decide if they want to them or not.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> James.
      >>
      >> On 12/03/2012 12:50 PM Ragabash Moon wrote
      >>> Hmmm I think it could just as easily change as stay. I mean, if you use it for
      >>> party members, cool. If you use it for animal companions cool. Heck, you could
      >>> even use it for both.
      >>>

      >>> So, I abstain from the vote, but I make this post to give both sides something
      >>> to think about. :)
      >>>
      >>> RagabashMoon@...

    • UnclePete
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2012
        I'll vote against 'Companion' for the same reasons as stated by Andrew,
        below. I also like the idea of the user customised field names, but a
        default of 'Party' is fine by me.

        Pete