Re: Export tab prototype screenshot

  • Geoff
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., lonejedi70@h... wrote:
      > I was planning to have the "Export Party" button prompt you for a
      > psheet (remembering the last one you used), followed by asking you
      > for a destination .htm (or whatever), then saving it. I had
      > originaly though about adding another section onthe pane for party
      > stuff, but it would be so small compared to a good sized group of
      PCs
      > that it just looked funny. Putting a "Party" entry in the list,
      with
      > associated template and sheet might work out better.

      I agree that having an entry (or two) for Party would be much better
      than having to go through a multi-stage process each time.

      What I find is that there while there's usually only one character
      sheet format used per character, I use two or more party sheet
      formats on a regular basis (combat, out of combat, magic, etc.).
      Some way to support 2-3 saved templates (2-3 entries in the list, a
      separate list for party sheets, etc.) would make my day.

      > Is there really
      > a need for multiple sub-parties? The current party code doesn't
      > support this, so I wouldn't expect to do any more (at least not
      right
      > away).
      > I keep all my PCGs in separate directories, as well. I only tend
      > load one group at a time, though. The way parties work right now,
      if
      > you load 2 parties they become one, larger party. Changes to that
      > would be outside the scope of the new export work.

      Sub-parties would be nice, but as you say, that's a separate issue.
      What I would expect is that if I loaded two parties, the party sheet
      setting(s) from the most recently loaded party would be displayed.