Re: Darkwood Buckler

  • pfsgamer
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 10, 2012
      I probably should mention that I do tend to glance at the total weight -- but for some reason the font in PCGen window gets cut off... and the 6 truly looked like 5, which would have been ok.

      Did not notice that IGHT changed to EDIUM.
      Have not investigated the font display as it has not been a priority....

      Curious: is selective BOLD possible in this area, for when encumbrance changes? Just on certain words/numbers.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, UnclePete <uncle@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Encumbrance information is already displayed in the panel that shows
      > > Equipment Info as 'LOAD' including the encumbrance levels, which is very
      > > useful. Colour coding it may be useful, but I can't see any great benefit.
      >
      > You're not the first person to overlook encumberance being the cause of 'odd' skill penalties, so making this more obvious in the GUI may be helpful.
      >

      > > This info is really only useful when changing a character
      >
      > Though knowing during a game that adding/removing some items/loot will change your encumberance is often handy.
      >
      > > and it's being
      > > displayed where it needs to be, so I'd be a bit reluctant to see my
      > > character sheet further cluttered with stuff I don't need to refer to
      >
      > Encumberance is just a couple of lines on the OS, at the bottom of your equipment list is a short summary indicating weight allowances for each level.
      >
      > > constantly during a gaming session.
      > >
      > > Pete
      > >

      > > On 03/09/2012 02:26 AM, Andrew wrote:
      > > >
      > > > In at least the pdf version, you get an encumbrance box that should
      > > > declare your encumbrance load -
      > > > it appears under the Base Attack Bonus box. It also only appears if
      > > > the character is encumbered.
      > > >
      > > > I'm not sure I'd appreciate a pop up box while I'm work with the
      > > > Character. I'd be more inclined to
      > > > find other methods, like turning the Weight Yellow for Medium Load,
      > > > Red for Heavy Load, or
      > > > increasing the size of the font when it reaches an encumbered level.
      > > >
      > > > Something Visually Eye Catching. We already have enough pop up
      > > > dialogs. If you want to go a little
      > > > further we could add a message to the TO DO box, "Verify your
      > > > equipment, your character is
      > > > encumbered* or something akin. We have so many new avenues, like that
      >
      > I like the idea of this being in the 'TODO box'.
      >
      > > > summary screen has room for a
      > > > Change to Draw Attention to being encumbered.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      >
      > Cheers

      > > > thing more obvious?

      > > > light to medium, or medium to heavy, a dialog pops up warning you?

      > > > would be amusing too :-)

      > > > frequently swapping equipment because of the load limit.

      > > > problem: equipping the darkwood buckler is just enough to put the
      > > > character into Medium encumbrance.

      > > > category.

      > > > the thing was because she was told it did not produce any penalties,
      > > > and did not interfere with the bow.

      > > > datasets are

      > > > a rogue
      > > > 0. Why is

      > > > while
      > > > bow, which
      > > > the cost

      > > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

      > > > --
      > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > > > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
> [...]
    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 11, 2012
        Greetings,
        Enhancing this has already been requested:
        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1363

        Cheers