Re: Darkwood Buckler

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 9, 2012
      Greetings,

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, UnclePete <uncle@...> wrote:

      > Encumbrance information is already displayed in the panel that shows
      > Equipment Info as 'LOAD' including the encumbrance levels, which is very
      > useful. Colour coding it may be useful, but I can't see any great benefit.

      You're not the first person to overlook encumberance being the cause of 'odd' skill penalties, so making this more obvious in the GUI may be helpful.

      > This info is really only useful when changing a character

      Though knowing during a game that adding/removing some items/loot will change your encumberance is often handy.

      > and it's being
      > displayed where it needs to be, so I'd be a bit reluctant to see my
      > character sheet further cluttered with stuff I don't need to refer to

      Encumberance is just a couple of lines on the OS, at the bottom of your equipment list is a short summary indicating weight allowances for each level.

      > constantly during a gaming session.
      >
      > Pete
      >

      > On 03/09/2012 02:26 AM, Andrew wrote:
      > >
      > > In at least the pdf version, you get an encumbrance box that should
      > > declare your encumbrance load -
      > > it appears under the Base Attack Bonus box. It also only appears if
      > > the character is encumbered.
      > >
      > > I'm not sure I'd appreciate a pop up box while I'm work with the
      > > Character. I'd be more inclined to
      > > find other methods, like turning the Weight Yellow for Medium Load,
      > > Red for Heavy Load, or
      > > increasing the size of the font when it reaches an encumbered level.
      > >
      > > Something Visually Eye Catching. We already have enough pop up
      > > dialogs. If you want to go a little
      > > further we could add a message to the TO DO box, "Verify your
      > > equipment, your character is
      > > encumbered* or something akin. We have so many new avenues, like that

      I like the idea of this being in the 'TODO box'.

      > > summary screen has room for a
      > > Change to Draw Attention to being encumbered.
      > >
      > > Cheers,

      Cheers

      > > On 3/8/2012 5:33 AM, FerretDave wrote:
      > > > Perhaps we want the load display enhancing to make this sort of
      > > thing more obvious?
      > > >
      > > > What if, when you add a piece of equipment, if this pushes you from
      > > light to medium, or medium to heavy, a dialog pops up warning you?
      > > >
      > > > A similar 'congrats!' on removing equipment and dropping a level
      > > would be amusing too :-)
      > > >
      > > > Cheers
      > > >
      > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > frequently swapping equipment because of the load limit.

      > > problem: equipping the darkwood buckler is just enough to put the
      > > character into Medium encumbrance.

      > > category.

      > > the thing was because she was told it did not produce any penalties,
      > > and did not interfere with the bow.

      > > datasets are

      > > a rogue
      > > 0. Why is

      > > while
      > > bow, which
      > > the cost

      > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links
      > > >

      > > > PCGen List File Help:
      > > >
      > > > PCGen Experimental:
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

    • pfsgamer
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 10, 2012
        I probably should mention that I do tend to glance at the total weight -- but for some reason the font in PCGen window gets cut off... and the 6 truly looked like 5, which would have been ok.

        Did not notice that IGHT changed to EDIUM.
        Have not investigated the font display as it has not been a priority....

        Curious: is selective BOLD possible in this area, for when encumbrance changes? Just on certain words/numbers.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >
        > Cheers

        > > > thing more obvious?

        > > > light to medium, or medium to heavy, a dialog pops up warning you?

        > > > would be amusing too :-)

        > > > frequently swapping equipment because of the load limit.

        > > > problem: equipping the darkwood buckler is just enough to put the
        > > > character into Medium encumbrance.

        > > > category.

        > > > the thing was because she was told it did not produce any penalties,
        > > > and did not interfere with the bow.

        > > > datasets are

        > > > a rogue
        > > > 0. Why is

        > > > while
        > > > bow, which
        > > > the cost

        > > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Mailing_Lists_and_PCGen_Links

        > > > --
        > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > > > Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 11, 2012
          Greetings,
          Enhancing this has already been requested:
          http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1363

          Cheers