[Pathfinder] Traps?

  • Distant Scholar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2012
      Does PCGen in general, or the Pathfinder files in particular, already have support for traps? I will soon start in on the Ranger Traps from Ultimate Magic, and I want to know if I'll be staking out new territory, or if there's already some work done on this sort of thing.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2012
        Doug,

        Depends on what you want? If we don't already have them, it wouldn't be hard to port from the 3.5e
        set. Those were set up as equipment IIRC.

        Cheers,

        On 3/8/2012 6:22 PM, Distant Scholar wrote:
        > Does PCGen in general, or the Pathfinder files in particular, already have support for traps? I will soon start in on the Ranger Traps from Ultimate Magic, and I want to know if I'll be staking out new territory, or if there's already some work done on this sort of thing.

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2012
          Mostly, I wanted to know if/how the existing traps were written up,
          since traps are part-way between monsters, items, and special abilities.

          It turns out that ranger traps (in particular) are better modeled as
          special abilities, so in a fit of insomnia I went with that.

          DS/DL

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2012
            I noticed. Glad that was easy to do.