Re: [pcgen] Re: How do I add a feat to an exisiting NPC Class?

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012

      On 3/8/2012 1:10 PM, Bubba wrote:
      > Thanks for the help.
      >
      > When are the new versions released?

      When it seems best to do so. Right now, the releases are based upon the UI work, and until the
      Silverback of the Code team is happy that most of the bugs have been squashed and all the requested
      features have been implemented, he won't want to do the next release. Plus, a few of the experienced
      monkeys are able to run the cutting edge version (i.e. running with the latest fix or feature) and
      able to give instant feedback.

      > I would like to get a look at what you changed, so I can try too make these changes myself. I have a bit of a programming background, albeit it's been a few years since I have done any coding.

      http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/

      You can view the changes by that link and the three changed files are-
      rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst
      rsrd_ability_categories_core.lst
      rsrd_classes_npc.lst

      The revision is 16452.

      > I know this isn't exactly the appropriate group/list to chat about it, but we have gone this far...

      Oh, we're not talking about how to code things up, i.e. giving examples. I'm just saying that its
      been fixed, and where you can look at them.

      Cheers,

      > Again, thanks for the help.

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Here is the tracker -
      >>
      >> * DATA-532 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>
      >>

      >> NPC Commoner no longer has access to obtain a single Simple Weapon Proficiency by BONUSWEAPON
      >> <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>
      >>

      >> And it's fixed, it'll be present in the new version.
      >>
      >> Also, prior to 5.17.11, you would access the single choice via the SA, Languages and Weapon profs
      >> Button on the Summary Page (Or Tab if you had the advanced mode selected in preferences).
      >>
      >> But due to the New UI, this button no longer exists, and the functionality that was part of the
      >> commoner is no longer present. As you weren't aware of it's existence, I think this tag and the set
      >> up was a poor design as it required the USER to know they needed to add it by another button. The
      >> current set up will now point you in the correct direction - A much nicer method in my opinion.
      >>
      >> So, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Again, it's been fixed, so you won't need to fix it,
      >> unless you want to have practice doing it yourself. I had to alter three files -
      >> Class, Abilities, and Abilitycategories.
      >>
      >> Cheers,

    • Bubba
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
        _