Re: [pcgen] Re: How do I add a feat to an exisiting NPC Class?

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7 11:44 PM

      Here is the tracker -

      * DATA-532 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>

      NPC Commoner no longer has access to obtain a single Simple Weapon Proficiency by BONUSWEAPON
      <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>

      And it's fixed, it'll be present in the new version.

      Also, prior to 5.17.11, you would access the single choice via the SA, Languages and Weapon profs
      Button on the Summary Page (Or Tab if you had the advanced mode selected in preferences).

      But due to the New UI, this button no longer exists, and the functionality that was part of the
      commoner is no longer present. As you weren't aware of it's existence, I think this tag and the set
      up was a poor design as it required the USER to know they needed to add it by another button. The
      current set up will now point you in the correct direction - A much nicer method in my opinion.

      So, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Again, it's been fixed, so you won't need to fix it,
      unless you want to have practice doing it yourself. I had to alter three files -
      Class, Abilities, and Abilitycategories.

      Cheers,

      On 3/7/2012 11:23 PM, Bubba wrote:
      > Great! Glad I could be of help. I joined the other list, as well.
      >
      > Thanks for the help.
      >
      >>> I am referring to 3.5e, DMG pg. 108.
      >>>
      >>> It states, under Class Features: "Weapon and Armor Proficiency - The commoner is proficient with one simple weapon. He is not proficient with any other weapons, nor is he proficient with any type of armor or shields."
      >>>
      >>> I want to be able to allow this character to only have the one simple weapon feat, and thus be -4 with all other simple weapons.
      >>>
      >>> Is that even possible, I guess is the first question? If so, how would one go about doing this?
      >> Yes, that is possible. I'm wondering how that was overlooked. I shall rectify it.
      >>
      >> (Since this isn't the lst file help group, my answer is going to be a summary)
      >> I'd add a BONUS:ABILITYPOOL entry. You make your commoner, you'd select the One Simple Weapon you
      >> have access to. Simple enough.

    • Bubba
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 8 1:10 PM
        Thanks for the help.

        When are the new versions released?

        I would like to get a look at what you changed, so I can try too make these changes myself. I have a bit of a programming background, albeit it's been a few years since I have done any coding.

        I know this isn't exactly the appropriate group/list to chat about it, but we have gone this far...

        Again, thanks for the help.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8 1:43 PM

          On 3/8/2012 1:10 PM, Bubba wrote:
          > Thanks for the help.
          >
          > When are the new versions released?

          When it seems best to do so. Right now, the releases are based upon the UI work, and until the
          Silverback of the Code team is happy that most of the bugs have been squashed and all the requested
          features have been implemented, he won't want to do the next release. Plus, a few of the experienced
          monkeys are able to run the cutting edge version (i.e. running with the latest fix or feature) and
          able to give instant feedback.

          > I would like to get a look at what you changed, so I can try too make these changes myself. I have a bit of a programming background, albeit it's been a few years since I have done any coding.

          http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/

          You can view the changes by that link and the three changed files are-
          rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst
          rsrd_ability_categories_core.lst
          rsrd_classes_npc.lst

          The revision is 16452.

          > I know this isn't exactly the appropriate group/list to chat about it, but we have gone this far...

          Oh, we're not talking about how to code things up, i.e. giving examples. I'm just saying that its
          been fixed, and where you can look at them.

          Cheers,

          > Again, thanks for the help.

          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> Here is the tracker -
          >>
          >> * DATA-532 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>
          >>

          >> NPC Commoner no longer has access to obtain a single Simple Weapon Proficiency by BONUSWEAPON
          >> <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>
          >>

          >> And it's fixed, it'll be present in the new version.
          >>
          >> Also, prior to 5.17.11, you would access the single choice via the SA, Languages and Weapon profs
          >> Button on the Summary Page (Or Tab if you had the advanced mode selected in preferences).
          >>
          >> But due to the New UI, this button no longer exists, and the functionality that was part of the
          >> commoner is no longer present. As you weren't aware of it's existence, I think this tag and the set
          >> up was a poor design as it required the USER to know they needed to add it by another button. The
          >> current set up will now point you in the correct direction - A much nicer method in my opinion.
          >>
          >> So, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Again, it's been fixed, so you won't need to fix it,
          >> unless you want to have practice doing it yourself. I had to alter three files -
          >> Class, Abilities, and Abilitycategories.
          >>
          >> Cheers,

        • Bubba
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 8 1:49 PM
            _