Re: How do I add a feat to an exisiting NPC Class?

  • Bubba
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2012
      Great! Glad I could be of help. I joined the other list, as well.

      Thanks for the help.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2012
        Hi,

        Here is the tracker -

        * DATA-532 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>

        NPC Commoner no longer has access to obtain a single Simple Weapon Proficiency by BONUSWEAPON
        <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>

        And it's fixed, it'll be present in the new version.

        Also, prior to 5.17.11, you would access the single choice via the SA, Languages and Weapon profs
        Button on the Summary Page (Or Tab if you had the advanced mode selected in preferences).

        But due to the New UI, this button no longer exists, and the functionality that was part of the
        commoner is no longer present. As you weren't aware of it's existence, I think this tag and the set
        up was a poor design as it required the USER to know they needed to add it by another button. The
        current set up will now point you in the correct direction - A much nicer method in my opinion.

        So, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Again, it's been fixed, so you won't need to fix it,
        unless you want to have practice doing it yourself. I had to alter three files -
        Class, Abilities, and Abilitycategories.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
          Thanks for the help.

          When are the new versions released?

          I would like to get a look at what you changed, so I can try too make these changes myself. I have a bit of a programming background, albeit it's been a few years since I have done any coding.

          I know this isn't exactly the appropriate group/list to chat about it, but we have gone this far...

          Again, thanks for the help.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
            Hi,

            On 3/8/2012 1:10 PM, Bubba wrote:
            > Thanks for the help.
            >
            > When are the new versions released?

            When it seems best to do so. Right now, the releases are based upon the UI work, and until the
            Silverback of the Code team is happy that most of the bugs have been squashed and all the requested
            features have been implemented, he won't want to do the next release. Plus, a few of the experienced
            monkeys are able to run the cutting edge version (i.e. running with the latest fix or feature) and
            able to give instant feedback.

            > I would like to get a look at what you changed, so I can try too make these changes myself. I have a bit of a programming background, albeit it's been a few years since I have done any coding.

            http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/

            You can view the changes by that link and the three changed files are-
            rsrd_abilities_class_base.lst
            rsrd_ability_categories_core.lst
            rsrd_classes_npc.lst

            The revision is 16452.

            > I know this isn't exactly the appropriate group/list to chat about it, but we have gone this far...

            Oh, we're not talking about how to code things up, i.e. giving examples. I'm just saying that its
            been fixed, and where you can look at them.

            Cheers,

            > Again, thanks for the help.

            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> Here is the tracker -
            >>
            >> * DATA-532 <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>
            >>

            >> NPC Commoner no longer has access to obtain a single Simple Weapon Proficiency by BONUSWEAPON
            >> <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-532>
            >>

            >> And it's fixed, it'll be present in the new version.
            >>
            >> Also, prior to 5.17.11, you would access the single choice via the SA, Languages and Weapon profs
            >> Button on the Summary Page (Or Tab if you had the advanced mode selected in preferences).
            >>
            >> But due to the New UI, this button no longer exists, and the functionality that was part of the
            >> commoner is no longer present. As you weren't aware of it's existence, I think this tag and the set
            >> up was a poor design as it required the USER to know they needed to add it by another button. The
            >> current set up will now point you in the correct direction - A much nicer method in my opinion.
            >>
            >> So, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Again, it's been fixed, so you won't need to fix it,
            >> unless you want to have practice doing it yourself. I had to alter three files -
            >> Class, Abilities, and Abilitycategories.
            >>
            >> Cheers,

          • Bubba
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8, 2012
              _