Re: Export tab prototype screenshot

  • lonejedi70@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
      Yes, it's been my understanding that it would replace the Preview
      tab. I didn't remember to put "Preview in Browser" on there, but it
      shoulda been ;) I know that there was someone (Mynex?) who wanted
      the crappy inline previewer that we currently have, so the Preview
      tab might stick around, but all the export stuff would be moved to
      the new export tab.

      I'd like to get everything shifted around (GUI-wise) and change the
      PCG and PCP formats to support this for the 2.1.4 load. If there are
      GUI problems then we can just do some tweaking. Theoretically it
      would be simple, then, to add a File|Export menu item if that's
      really wanted.

      -Lone Jedi
      (Jason)

      --- In pcgen@y..., pjak@y... wrote:
      > Looks good, though I do have one question/comment. Is this intended
      > to replace the preview tab on the characters? If so, I *really*
      want
      > Preview in browser to be available here. Actually, I guess I want
      it
      > to be available here either way. That's pretty much the only
      preview
      > option I use.
      >
      > /Jonas
    • Eric Statz
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
        --- In pcgen@y..., lonejedi70@h... wrote:
        > Yes, it's been my understanding that it would replace the Preview
        > tab. I didn't remember to put "Preview in Browser" on there, but
        it
        > shoulda been ;) I know that there was someone (Mynex?) who wanted
        > the crappy inline previewer that we currently have, so the Preview
        > tab might stick around, but all the export stuff would be moved to
        > the new export tab.

        I was the one who requested it stay, but its really not worth leaving
        in. I just used it for bug testing new tokens. I can suck it up and
        use preview in browser instead.

        -Eric
      • Mark Hulsman
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
          > Yes, it's been my understanding that it would replace the Preview
          > tab. I didn't remember to put "Preview in Browser" on there, but it
          > shoulda been ;) I know that there was someone (Mynex?) who wanted
          > the crappy inline previewer that we currently have, so the Preview
          > tab might stick around, but all the export stuff would be moved to
          > the new export tab.

          I think it would be good to change the preview tab to be a stat block or
          something that updates as you update the character. Not very hard to code
          and it would be very useful.
        • loyalp@home.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
            I really like this idea!

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Mark Hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:

            > I think it would be good to change the preview tab to be a stat
            block or
            > something that updates as you update the character. Not very hard
            to code
            > and it would be very useful.
          • Geoff
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
              --- In pcgen@y..., lonejedi70@h... wrote:
              > I was planning to have the "Export Party" button prompt you for a
              > psheet (remembering the last one you used), followed by asking you
              > for a destination .htm (or whatever), then saving it. I had
              > originaly though about adding another section onthe pane for party
              > stuff, but it would be so small compared to a good sized group of
              PCs
              > that it just looked funny. Putting a "Party" entry in the list,
              with
              > associated template and sheet might work out better.

              I agree that having an entry (or two) for Party would be much better
              than having to go through a multi-stage process each time.

              What I find is that there while there's usually only one character
              sheet format used per character, I use two or more party sheet
              formats on a regular basis (combat, out of combat, magic, etc.).
              Some way to support 2-3 saved templates (2-3 entries in the list, a
              separate list for party sheets, etc.) would make my day.

              > Is there really
              > a need for multiple sub-parties? The current party code doesn't
              > support this, so I wouldn't expect to do any more (at least not
              right
              > away).
              > I keep all my PCGs in separate directories, as well. I only tend
              > load one group at a time, though. The way parties work right now,
              if
              > you load 2 parties they become one, larger party. Changes to that
              > would be outside the scope of the new export work.

              Sub-parties would be nice, but as you say, that's a separate issue.
              What I would expect is that if I loaded two parties, the party sheet
              setting(s) from the most recently loaded party would be displayed.