Re: [pcgen] Cannot find rogue talents

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012
      Hi Henk,

      On 25/02/2012 7:48 AM Henk Slaaf wrote
      > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 21:03, David R. Bender<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Assuming you are using the Pathfinder gamemode, and you have a Rogue
      >> high enough in level to have Rogue Talents, they are located under
      >> "Feats& Abilities" -> "Class Abilities". This is using PCGen 5.17.10.
      >>
      > I was able to find them in the old UI, but I'm using 5.17.11 with the new
      > UI.
      >
      > And yes, it's Pathfinder.

      I think there is an intermittent error in the new UI where ability tabs
      may not be displayed when they should be. In this case once you add a
      level of rogue, the class abilities tab should be added to the display.
      The rogue talents should then be available from there. If you save your
      character and reload it does the tab appear? If so that would be a
      temporary workaround while I track down why it is not appearing.

      Cheers,
      James.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012
        You need two levels of rogue to get talents.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 2/24/2012 3:57 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
        > Hi Henk,
        >
        > I think there is an intermittent error in the new UI where ability tabs
        > may not be displayed when they should be. In this case once you add a
        > level of rogue, the class abilities tab should be added to the display.
        > The rogue talents should then be available from there. If you save your
        > character and reload it does the tab appear? If so that would be a
        > temporary workaround while I track down why it is not appearing.
      • Henk Slaaf
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012
          On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 21:57, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Henk,
          >
          > On 25/02/2012 7:48 AM Henk Slaaf wrote
          >
          > > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 21:03, David R. Bender<Papa.DRB@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          >

          > >> Assuming you are using the Pathfinder gamemode, and you have a Rogue
          > >> high enough in level to have Rogue Talents, they are located under
          > >> "Feats& Abilities" -> "Class Abilities". This is using PCGen 5.17.10.
          >

          > > I was able to find them in the old UI, but I'm using 5.17.11 with the new
          > > UI.
          > >
          > > And yes, it's Pathfinder.
          >
          > I think there is an intermittent error in the new UI where ability tabs
          > may not be displayed when they should be. In this case once you add a
          > level of rogue, the class abilities tab should be added to the display.
          > The rogue talents should then be available from there. If you save your
          > character and reload it does the tab appear? If so that would be a
          > temporary workaround while I track down why it is not appearing.

          A couple of errors cropped up on creating a new character with Pathfinder -
          advanced loaded in 5.17.11:

          1. PCGen told me to select four racial traits to my half-elf.
          2. On selecting them, in the left pane, some traits turned red, but only
          after the application changes focus. So not immediately after selecting
          them, but they did after switching tabs or panes. This led to conflicting
          selections, because it allowed an incompatible trait to be selected before
          the new prereqs were calculated. (haven't reproduced)
          3. On closing PCGen it told me I had too many traits. All traits I had
          selected were shown twice. Once in yellow, once in black. I had to remove
          all black traits to get rid of the message.

          4. After adding five levels of Rogue, there was no Class Abilties tab
          and consequently there was no Rogue Talent list. After reloading PCGen the
          tab appeared.

          5. I was unable to select any Traits in the Traits tab. Don't know if
          that was an error, but the allowed number of selections was 0.

          6. I was unable to select any languages. I had two choices left, but the
          list on the left was empty.

          Best,

          Henk

        • Henk Slaaf
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012

            > 1. I was unable to select any languages. I had two choices left, but
            > the list on the left was empty.

            The empty list went away after reloading. Elven was automatically selected
            in the list and I am now able to select bonus languages.

            Henk

          • Henk Slaaf
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012

              > 1.
              > After adding five levels of Rogue, there was no Class Abilties tab and
              > consequently there was no Rogue Talent list. After reloading PCGen the tab
              > appeared.

              I can reproduce this case twice every five times:

              1. Create a new character, any race.
              2. Fill in ten for every stat.
              3. Add two levels of rogue.
              4. Click the link to rogue talents.

              Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

              Henk

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 24, 2012
                Try downloading the Full Distribution from this page:
                http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/download.html and extract the files
                replacing everything. I am not having the rogue talent issue.

                What I am seeing, is 1) At the first Rogue level, there is not "class
                abilities" tab because there are no class abilities to choose. 2) At the
                second Rogue level, the "class abilities" tab shows up with Rogue Talent
                as a choice.

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                My better half and me (jpg)