Pathfinder Dragons and sorcerer levels

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2012
      Hi Folks,

      So, I'm making a bunch of dragons for a Dragon Rider game, and discovered that when the dragons
      should be casting as 1st level Sorcerers it's not showing up.

      Reviewing the code, it would appear that the Negative Value is completely removing the Sorcerer level.

      I see this tag - required to get the 'class' added:
      ADD:SPELLCASTER|1|Sorcerer

      And then this clever tag:
      BONUS:PCLEVEL|Sorcerer|HD-12

      Where "12' is the actual HD of the Creature. It would appear that the Data Monkey that entered these
      thought that the BONUS:PCLEVEL and ADD:SPELLCASTER would stack

      Which, I'll admit, is the exact same way I would have thought. But since the PC doesn't have any
      Sorcerer levels naturally, it appears the ADD grants "LEVEL 0" of the Sorcerer. So when negating to
      the actual HD of the Dragon is making the Sorcerer Level 0, which means no spells.

      I'm going to go ahead and fix this, since testing shows this theory to be holding water in 5.17.10.