Re: [pcgen] Re: PCGen 5.17.10 Dwarf Racial Tratis

    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 5, 2012

      I've implemented a working solution for the Racial Traits, and at another request, got the
      archetypes into their own pools for easier viewing.

      the latest stuff is revision: 16085

      Though, as a side affect, this will break any existing characters using archetypes.

      Give it a whirl and let me know. (You can grab the data only if you're not ready to play with the
      new UI).

      On 2/5/2012 1:55 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > We've hit upon a workable solution over on the _exp mailing list. I'll be implementing that solution.
      >
      > On 2/5/2012 5:36 AM, swiftbrook8 wrote:
      >> OK, I didn't know I was opening such a can of worms when I posted my thoughts.
      >>
      >> As one not familiar with the OS programming side, I ask is it possible when a race is selected that PCGen assign the default racial traits? So if a user picks a Dwarf, changes it's racial traits and then picks Elf, PCGen will change the race to Elf, clear all previous racial traits and assign the default Dwarf traits.
      >>
      >> Oh, and for brevity, if it's not possible, you don't need to explain why :-).
      >>
      >> -Swiftbrook
      >>
      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >>> Hi James,
      >>>
      >>> Okay, what solution do you propose?
      >>>
      >>> 1) Kit grants all the racial choices - but the lists get bug reports if they change the race
      >>> 2) Have to manually add the choices, or take a single ability to grant the defaults