Re: [pcgen] Re: Output Sheet Layout review / redo comments

    Message 1 of 38 , Feb 5, 2012

      On 2/5/2012 3:18 PM, the_domokun wrote:
      > I'm using the stable version (5.16.4) but i'm talking about the html output sheets since i've been playing around with them recently ;)

      Wow, I haven't used that version in a long time.

      > After checking the std pdf OS i saw that the spells are arranged better there, but some of my points are applicable there as well...

      Well, the PDF is where I tend to focus as I can work with it easier, believe it or not.

      > My idea is to append a "(SAVEINFO, DC, SR)" string to the effect string, and hide them completely on spells where they are not present or have the Value None/No. Most SRD spells have a very short effect description anyways so adding this block will rarely create new lines.

      Ah, the joys of using srd... If I can shorten the top two lines to one, then that makes sense,
      otherwise, I'm not saving any space. I see your point on pushing the save information to behind the
      description, though that would be pushing useful information 2 or 3 paragraphs down in my case. I
      could compromise and place the save details at the front of the description.

      > This should free up some space in the first line to prevent the very common "1 standard action" casttime from automatically taking up two lines. Switching Concentration Bonus and CL with School might also help, since the School tag is producing up to three lines while other two tokens could be put in very narrow columns without producing more lines.

      Unless you have two schools... does happen in some of the splat books and even the official releases
      - have to consider our homebrew users.

      > Main thought behind this is actually one of our clerics. We inculded some supplement books and now his spelllist alone is 20 pages long (and that doesn't even include spelllvl 9). With my modified html OS we were able to shrink it down to 10 pages, losing only the source page tag... so i thought that could help to make the standard outputsheets more wieldy ;)

      I know the feeling. One of my players' clerics was pulling down 28 pages at one point. I'm under the
      gun for a couple other projects, but definitely will take a look at improving the space... The other
      thing we need to fix is the wasting of page space for new caster class...

      Message 38 of 38 , Feb 9, 2012

        Sounds good to me, and would fit with the condensed sheet project sheet. :)