Re: Output Sheet Layout review / redo comments

  • the_domokun
    Message 1 of 38 , Feb 5, 2012
      I'm using the stable version (5.16.4) but i'm talking about the html output sheets since i've been playing around with them recently ;)
      After checking the std pdf OS i saw that the spells are arranged better there, but some of my points are applicable there as well...
      My idea is to append a "(SAVEINFO, DC, SR)" string to the effect string, and hide them completely on spells where they are not present or have the Value None/No. Most SRD spells have a very short effect description anyways so adding this block will rarely create new lines.

      This should free up some space in the first line to prevent the very common "1 standard action" casttime from automatically taking up two lines. Switching Concentration Bonus and CL with School might also help, since the School tag is producing up to three lines while other two tokens could be put in very narrow columns without producing more lines.

      Main thought behind this is actually one of our clerics. We inculded some supplement books and now his spelllist alone is 20 pages long (and that doesn't even include spelllvl 9). With my modified html OS we were able to shrink it down to 10 pages, losing only the source page tag... so i thought that could help to make the standard outputsheets more wieldy ;)

      > Nice, though it looks like the sample editor didn't quite figure out how to only display objects with value. But point is taken...

      Don't really know what you mean by that... actually the .htm was a result of the OS, not the OS itself so i might have been misleading...
      http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325101/etc/csheet_fantasy_compact.zip
      This contains the OS and the character i used to test it.

      - Domokun
      Message 38 of 38 , Feb 9, 2012

        Sounds good to me, and would fit with the condensed sheet project sheet. :)