Re: PCGen 5.17.10 Dwarf Racial Tratis

  • swiftbrook8
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 5, 2012
      OK, I didn't know I was opening such a can of worms when I posted my thoughts.

      As one not familiar with the OS programming side, I ask is it possible when a race is selected that PCGen assign the default racial traits? So if a user picks a Dwarf, changes it's racial traits and then picks Elf, PCGen will change the race to Elf, clear all previous racial traits and assign the default Dwarf traits.

      Oh, and for brevity, if it's not possible, you don't need to explain why :-).

      -Swiftbrook

      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 5, 2012

        We've hit upon a workable solution over on the _exp mailing list. I'll be implementing that solution.

        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 5, 2012

          I've implemented a working solution for the Racial Traits, and at another request, got the
          archetypes into their own pools for easier viewing.

          the latest stuff is revision: 16085

          Though, as a side affect, this will break any existing characters using archetypes.

          Give it a whirl and let me know. (You can grab the data only if you're not ready to play with the
          new UI).