Lengthy emails

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
      For those of us on the digest, could people PLEASE start cutting the emails they are directly replying to down?

      We have a mailing list for a REASON, if you have to go back to check previous emails (ie more than two or three back) it's on the Yahoo site.
    • Timothy Reaves
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
        I'm not sure what you're asking for here.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
          Hi Tim,

          People using Digest mode don't get individual emails, instead each email is bundled together in one
          large email. He's requesting when replying to a previous email you <SNIP> out the excess stuff.

          On 2/4/2012 10:51 AM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
          > I'm not sure what you're asking for here.
          >

          > <SNIP>

          > PCGen List File Help:

        • Timothy Reaves
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
            IF that is what he's asking for, it's not very likely to happen. Whereas I
            understand the concern, things like GMail and Apple's Mail.app actually
            hide that from you, so you do not even know it's there. So you couldn't
            necessarily remove it even if you wanted.

            On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

            > Hi Tim,
            >
            > People using Digest mode don't get individual emails, instead each email
            > is bundled together in one
            > large email. He's requesting when replying to a previous email you <SNIP>
            > out the excess stuff.
            >
            > On 2/4/2012 10:51 AM, Timothy Reaves wrote:
            > > I'm not sure what you're asking for here.
            > >

            > > <SNIP>

            > > PCGen List File Help:
            > >
            > > PCGen Experimental:
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > > PCGen List File Help:
            > >
            > > PCGen Experimental:
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            > PCGen List File Help:

          • Terry Milnes
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
              Actually, I use GMail and there is an ellepsis looking button that is added
              on some email. Click it and cut it. Also, on other emails it doesn't
              understand it is one long reply and does nothing.

            • Anestis Kozakis
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
                On 5 February 2012 07:52, Timothy Reaves <treaves@...> wrote:
                > IF that is what he's asking for, it's not very likely to happen.  Whereas I
                > understand the concern, things like GMail and Apple's Mail.app actually
                > hide that from you, so you do not even know it's there.  So you couldn't
                > necessarily remove it even if you wanted.

                When I hit reply in GMail, the whole e-mail appears in the compose
                e-mail box. I can then highlight and delete un-needed text, just like
                I did now with over 50 lines of unneeded footer information from
                previous multiple e-mails that had been left in when you replied.

                As you can see, I have deleted them all, and all that is left is the
                ones Yahoo automatically appends, so only one set.

                Anestis.

                --
                Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/